Prometric

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by SolarWind, Nov 9, 2010.

1. SolarWind

SolarWind New Member

After experiencing one of the worst websites I have ever encountered I entered my 50% off voucher (Validated) and proceeded to confirm payment.

It said the card was declined. I know I have the funds in the bank so my question is; do prometric accept debit cards?

:eek:

2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I doubt any online store doesn't accept debit cards. If anything sellers prefer debit cards to credit cards.

What type of debit card is it as some you cant use online?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. SolarWind

SolarWind New Member

Visa Electron.

I too would be rather surprised if they didn't. I may have to book the test by phone.

4. Beerbaron

I believe that is your answer. Not all places accept these cards online due to the type of card.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
  5. SolarWind

SolarWind New Member

Thanks for your help Beerbaron.

6. SolarWind

SolarWind New Member

I have just used my wife's Visa debit and that authorised fine.

I haven't used Prometric since I passed MCP 2k and I must say that website is painful. Pearson VUE on the other hand, where I sat LPIC-1, was smooth.

Oh well.... all's well that ends well!

7. Beerbaron

SolarWind i would recommend upgrading your debit card.

Prometric's site isnt the best but it does the job. I have used it twice over the past few years and have had no problems with it.

8. force1

force1 Bit Poster

hi

where did u get the 50% off voucher?

Certifications: 70-647
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, 70-643
  9. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

strange, I have a Visa Electron card and used Prometric site without issue.

I agree the site can be a bit cranky, but ho-hum

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  10. Hailoh

Hailoh New Member

I presume he means the student voucher

Code:
    http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/student

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

sometimes it is the banks end that declines the card. For example if you hardley ever use the card then use it for big one go amount then the banks fraud team flag the transaction and stop it until you tell them to authorise it.

I had this happen when I paid for both A+ exam vouchers at the same time I just phoned the bank and said it was me that was making the transaction and I tried again and it worked.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?