Prometric Crappy System

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Feb 18, 2011.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Just got off the phone to Prometric as this morning for my exam I got the news that the centre didn't have me booked in so that was great (was a cockup by them as they didn't look properly) so panickly rang Prometric to be told that my profile was blank and my email was one from years ago. This happen years ago when I somehow had 2 accounts and they shut one and merged them (or so I thought) with the one I use now. Turns out they haven't and it caused issues trying to find me as my account doesn't exist. Rang them up 10 minutes ago and now know why their crappy system won't take a middle name which I use on my certs so they had to input it as my first name and then my middle and surname as my surname. Blazing argument with a Frenchman who blamed it on me until I tore him a new ahole and said it's their crappy system and they should expect people to want to use their middle name. Rant over off to calm down now...:x

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

There system does suck. Likle where you have to put in your phone number and theres an area code bit that you cant put anything in so you have to put it in with your phone number. Looks like it was designed by some kid.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. michael78

yeah pretty crap considering they provide IT exams and they can't design a good system.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

And you cant even see past 2 months when trying to book for exams, I never had any issues book upto 4 months in advance with pearsonvue.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Slight difference: they deliver IT exams using software and exams that someone else has created.

In short, they keep track of appointments (well, up to March 31, anyway :twisted:), take payments, and provide a PC, a chair, and a network connection. And... that's about it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Eerrr what happens after march 31st then?!?!?!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. BosonMichael

My sarcasm was directed toward their current inability to schedule MCDST exams after March 31 (which they say they're working on fixing). :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

ah good o, you had me going there for a minute.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

They have the worst site ever in terms of speed and availability. Vue is well better but MS don't use em :(

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. michael78

Yeah when we had the choice between the 2 I always used VUE as I found them much better. Sometimes when you want to schedule an exam quickly and their site is down it's maddening.

11. michael78

I suppose the point I was making is that they should have a site fit for purpose and one that allows for middle names and what GBL pointed out UK phone numbers. It's ridiculous I have to give my surname as my middle/last name just for them to find me on their system.

12. BosonMichael

I agree with you completely. :) They could learn a lot from VUE.