Programming MCP's

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Frontier, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Hi I am due to start an MCAD course soon with a learning provider called ITLearneasy. I want a career in computer programming. I have no experience but I have learnt a bit of vb6 in my spare time before. I enjoyed it and have decided I wish to embark on programming as a career and have been looking for a suitable qualification that will help me get my foot in the ladder. My question here is - Should I be taking an MCAD course in programming if I have no programming experience at all? as in work experience that is because I was talking to someone before who was saying it wouldnt be possible to pass the MCP exams if you didnt have any experience. How can one get into programming without experience? maybe there are other courses I should take before? The MCAD course with ITLearneasy does have introduction modules on programming before the MCP units, but would this be enough to get the background knowledge needed. They seem to think so. Your thoughts please.

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's a misconception that MCAD and indeed MCSD is a 'programming' course.
    You are learning about development of solutions using various Microsoft tools. If that's what you want to do - come up with ways of getting outlook to automatically email the company profits to a SQL server once a month which then displays automatically on an Intranet site that only the company directors have access to - then go ahead.
    If however, you want to design games for the Xbox (and for some reason lots of people do) - then you're looking at the wrong thing. You need to be going to college and learning C# or something like that.

You don't really need any experience to get started on an MCAD, but how well you get on really depends on the material that the training provider gives you.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

C++ for game devel, C# for the previously mentioned Microsoft development.

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE