Product Testers Wanted for Boson ExSim Max Exam Simulator Products

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BosonMichael, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I am pleased to announce the launch of a product testing program for Boson's ExSim Max products. Since several of you have expressed interest, I thought I would post a request for product testers.

We are looking for product testers for the following ExSim Max products:

• 640-802: CCNA
    • 640-822: ICND1 (CCENT)
    • 640-816: ICND2
    • 70-620: MCTS for Windows Vista, Configuring
    • 70-431: MCTS for SQL Server 2005 Implementation and Maintenance
    • 70-443: MCITP for SQL Server 2005 Infrastructure Design
    • 70-444: MCITP for SQL Server 2005 Optimization and Maintenance

Although the product will be provided to you at no charge, there is a price: you must promise to provide a detailed review of the entire product within 30 days. Things we are looking for include, but are not limited to:

• technical errors
    • graphical errors
    • grammatical errors
    • confusing explanations
    • user interface recommendations
    • general suggestions

A few caveats:
    • Forum membership and participation hath its privileges. Current, active forum members will receive preference over those who are just "looking for a freebie".
    • You must return a completed and signed Product Tester application form which includes a non-disclosure agreement.
    • I do not hold ultimate authority over who is selected to be a product tester.
    • Not everyone who applies will be selected to be a product tester.
    • Even if you are not selected as a product tester at this time, you may be selected in the future.
    • An excellent product review will greatly increase your chances to be a product tester in the future.

If you are interested in testing an ExSim Max exam simulation product, please let me know by clicking my username above and sending me an e-mail message (my PM box is almost full). Please include the following information:

• your full name
    • your location (city, country)
    • which products you are interested in testing
    • a brief description of why you would be a good tester for these products

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

How much would I get paid per hour if am successful as a product tester for your Exsim products:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I dont think I would be usefull in any of those, my knowledge of Vista is too small.

As soon as you have A+ exsims done I'm there dude.

Have always been interested in testing + I got a distinction in it at Uni so I wasn't bad at it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Message sent. Along with small personal threat. CCNA stuff [bat eyelids]purlease [/bat eyelids]

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. BosonMichael

A+ is coming... be sure to watch for updates. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. greenbrucelee

I will, I'm look forward to it. :D

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Anything for the 70-297? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. BosonMichael

Sorry, Sparky. To be honest, I wish there were... but there's currently only so many writers (any of you techs who are good writers want to move to Tennessee?), so we have to create the most popular products first. With Server 2008 looming on the horizon, we might not get to the "older" 2003 stuff for a while. :(

9. greenbrucelee

I can write if I put my mind to it, I just can't code so don't ask me to do that. :)

If theres an apartment provided + plane ticket I would do it. :D

10. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

There's a salary that would be involved, which you could use to pay for your apartment and plane ticket :)

11. BosonMichael

We have programmers who code. :D

Unfortunately, the apartment would be entirely up to you. :D

EDIT: The Joshman beat me to it!

12. greenbrucelee

Fix me up :D

I am sure theres penty of places for rent around town, although if I was to come I would need to get my passport renewed.

13. BosonMichael

Hold up, Padawan... you haven't even applied for the job yet. :p

14. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Message sent.

Would be another thing to add to my CV if i'm lucky! Couldnt be any worse than testing the software we write at work now. We don't even have any testing protocols or routines, its all haphazard (including the hardware testing!!) Nothings structured. But we find bugs anyway, and sometimes we are even lucky to get the developers to take up some of our suggested changes.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  15. greenbrucelee

ah but Master Jedi search your feelings you know I'm the one :D

16. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Very interesting!

Like GBL, although I'd like to do this, my experience has knowledge on the testing material is holding me back. Seems like a win-win situation for all involved, nice one Boson peeps. I'll keep an eye out for anything A+/N+/270 orientated :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  17. BosonMichael

For those of you who are concerned about lack of Vista experience... To be honest, the 70-620 Vista material isn't difficult. You just have to have access to Vista and be willing to test EVERYTHING you read in the questions and explanations, and make sure everything makes sense and is easily understandable. Additionally, all the supporting documentation you would need is freely available on Microsoft's Web site.

Y'all give it some thought, and if you've got the time to commit to it, it might still be something worth doing. It's certainly good incentive to get MCTS certified on it! ;)

18. BosonMichael

Twizz, for some reason, I haven't received it yet. Will keep looking.

Keep in mind that the technical accuracy of the explanations is probably the most important thing that we're looking to catch... though bugs in the software are good to catch as well.

19. BosonMichael

Ah, Padawan, your mind tricks do not work on me. 8)

However, if you have access to a cache of Coke Classic or Diet Coke with Splenda, we may be able to work a deal. :morebeer

(EDIT: I almost posted, ":eek:I have searched my feelings. I know you are the one. :eek:")

20. greenbrucelee

I take it that it would have to be be Vista Ultimate, my Sister has home but not sure if she has any Disks for it so I doubt I'll be able to do it in any case.

Would be nice to though.

Edit: Only the Pepsi max at the moment :(