ProCurve 2424M

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zebulebu, Apr 4, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

grrrrrr - not having the best of luck with my switches lately!

Had a Catalyst 2924-XL which died on me at the end of last year. Replaced it with a spare 1900-series I had knocking about - that finally conked out last week.

Bought a ProCurve 2424M from FleaBay which works like a dream - except for the poxy web interface which hangs - sometimes giving me a tantalising glimpse of the interface before stopping halfway - but usually not even getting that far.

I've done everything I can think - factory reset it, stripped it down to the bare config (all ports autosensing, port 24 configured as a monitor port, single VLAN, no STP, web console enabled from individual IPs and from an entire subnet) - nada.

Does anybody have any experience with ProCurves? They're an absolute doddle to manage and I've used them on customer sites and past contracts before (I've even stuck one outside our internal FW at work cos I needed a managed switch for port mirroring for my Snort box) so i guess the IOS on it is just fubared or summat.

Hopefully one of you kind souls will have come across a similar problem with 'em before - otherwise I fear it'll be an IOS download and TFTP flash (which I'd rather not go to the bother of is possible!)

Cheers in advance :)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

We run all Procurves here, they just work, but then I don't really have the need to do anything with them.

You could try HP as they come with a lifetime warranty.