Problem with TCP/IP properties - please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by guess who, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Guess who,

Some questions;

*What other users are listed within computer management and what account types do they have? Have you tried from other accounts?

*Did you use your account to set-up ICS? Is it just the network connection you are being told you do not have permission for? (I see you cannot start the wizard either)

*Is there any thrid party software on the machines? You say you had a problem with the network card on one machine - what symptoms were you having before you swopped the card over and realised you couldn't access the network connection applet?

If it is only the network connection *area* you are having issues with, it might be worth scanning through the;

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections config; i cannot see anything in the local security utility which would effect what you are experiencing.

If the rest of the network is functioning correctly, you could try deleting the connection (if permitted) and re-create and see if that helps.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. guess who

guess who Bit Poster

Ok, picture is worth a thousand words so here it goes. Hope you don't mind.

Accounts

[​IMG]

I used my account to set up ICS and i dont have permissions only on network connection.

[​IMG]

Group policy on network connection's

[​IMG]

I can't delete connection either

[​IMG]

About that NIC card. Everything was working just fine and than one day electric power went off and on. :blink Computers started but i noticed that one of them isn't on network. NIC card burned out. :) I replaced it and the rest you know...

Certifications: MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ahhh, noted! :biggrin

In regard to the original problem is it worth running a system restore to a point in time before the power cut?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Crito

Crito Banned

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932459
    Took about five minutes of googling.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Nice find Crito, that's a new one on me!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. guess who

guess who Bit Poster

WoW ! It work's ! :D

Thank's Crito. 8)

Big thank's to all that helped me with this. I appreciate it. :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE