Preplogic Exam Vouchers

Discussion in 'A+' started by Alan Clinch, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Alan Clinch

Alan Clinch Bit Poster

Hi

I have passed the Hardware exam and I want to book the OS exam now. I saw this link on another forum

http://www.preplogic.com/vendors/comptia.asp?cid=60

Seems that the OS exam would cost just over £80 including vat which seems really low unless my sums are wrong, which they may be.

Anyone used one of these vouchers before?

Alan

Certifications: A+, DCSE
    WIP: MCSE 70-290
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I haven't, but they look like they could be a great find. :biggrin

3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I haven't used this company Alan but I have used GetCertified4Less who have been reliable for me (have had 4 vouchers from them with no probs). I think they are comparable in price to Preplogic when it comes to the A+ stuff.

Just be sure you are ordering an International voucher and not a US/Canada voucher, or it will be useless when you come to use it. (assuming you are UK / Europe based, I didn't check :) )

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Help me out here fellas, Im looking at these voucher sites, and it costs like 199USd for a voucher... now given rough exchange rate of 1.6 usd to the pound i make that £124. So u pay that to save like £30 or so on the exam......errrrr dosednt that seem odd? pay more for a voucher to save less (if u understand what i mean). 124+115 = 239 for voucher and exam??? I'd rather pay just the exam, what am i missing here??

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Twizzle,

Keep looking matey as the A+ can normally be had for around the £80 mark. N+ seems to be around £100+ for some reason.

The other thing to keep watch for is the random vouchers that appear which have a shelf life of say a week. These are a bargain as most test centres only need 48 hours notice.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Alan Clinch

Alan Clinch Bit Poster

I could be wrong but as far as I can see the A+ OS vouchers cost either $120 for the international version or $133 for the US/Canada version.

I stay in the UK so it will cost £68.34 for me to buy the international voucher. When I use this voucher code I assume that the test is then paid for 100% with this code. VAT then has to be added bringing the total cost to £80.30.

http://www.getcertify4less.com/networkint-vue.asp

Have the Network+ voucher for 199$ like you said but as far as I know you just pay for the voucher then add VAT and thats the exam paid for.

So it would cost £113.60 + VAT of £19.88 is £133.48 total cost.
    Against the £180.95 it costs for a non member to book normally. Saving you around £47

I hope I have all this correct.

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sounds and looks about right to me Alan. :thumbleft

I only wish that they had international Prometric Vouchers for other Certs! :(

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, that is correct. I was sceptical and contacted my test centre who said that they cover the full cost.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. Alan Clinch

Alan Clinch Bit Poster

Thats good. Might do a wee bit studying for the OS and get it booked for the beggining of April then. :)

10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

When you put your voucher code in the price to pay drops to zero. There is no VAT to pay or anything like that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. Alan Clinch

Alan Clinch Bit Poster

Really?

I was only going by the fact that I had used a 30% off voucher before then VAT was added to the remainder. I suppose that if you aint really paying anything then there is no VAT to pay would be right.

Never even thought of that. Thanks Modey :biggrin

12. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and D'oh!! :ohmy

Looks like i better find a voucher quick as i intend to take the exam end of this month (if i can crasp OSI LAYERS, only thing i keep getting wrong :( )

Does anyone know what happens if i already have a Comtia ID? can i use that for a new exam or do i get a new one? what im getting at is that on Comtia's site it records your progress using the ID so you can look at the Certs you've got. If i have a new ID i'd have to login twice to look at each one.

13. Alan Clinch

Alan Clinch Bit Poster

I assume you keep the same ID. The test centre will have a record when you book the test I think.

14. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Would they? thing is its a different test center to the one i took my A+ at and that was 3 years ago lol.... maybe they look it up at comptia. Guess only way i'll know is to ring em.

Thanks fer help guys btw

15. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I've kept my ID through 3 exams. Just tell them what it is and it will be linked.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+