Practice Test

Discussion in 'Network+' started by morph, Dec 14, 2007.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Huh! :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

opps! typo! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Then you either saw a huge coincidence, or you have their product confused with someone else's... that's not how their questions were created... at least, not while I was there.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I've seen the same. Questions on tests that were almost word-for-word copies of what was on Transcender practice tests. That's a few years ago now, but I know what you mean. That was in both A+ and MCSE-related tests. And as convoluted as MS and Comptia test wording is, that's pretty difficult to accomplish.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Those are some pretty serious allegations... so let's see some proof... item numbers of the Transcender questions will be sufficient. If you don't have them, then let's cut out the chatter that attacks MY integrity... because I was there "a few years ago now". :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. doingwell

doingwell Bit Poster

Thank.

But does Prelogic use the braindumps, or it is similar to braindumps?

Can I only use Transcender or Prelogic to pass the exam?

7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I don't think Preplogic use braindumps! Exam Cram books push the prep logic stuff - or they used to - so I would doubt prep logic do such a thing!

BM, I don't mean to stir the shite up here BUT when I took 70-215 and 70-218 I found that a few transcender questions that seemed very close to the what came up in the exam. Only one or two were similar mind - and I have to apologise that I do not recall the exact questions...I was just glad to get through the freakin exams at that point in time!

But from another point of view, could it be possible that MS have pinched a few questions from the transcenders on the 2000 track? Just because some questions are the same it doesn't neccessarily mean that transcenders copied the questions from MS, could well be the other way round!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You also need to factor in that there are only so many ways to ask a question about some topics, so similarities are bound to happen.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. ffreeloader

Who said anything about you? I've just walked out of tests going, I've seen that exact question and wording before, and all I used for practice tests was Transcender. Who can remember exact question numbers after several years? I just know I remember having the experience 3 or 4 times, and have had other people say the same thing happened to them using Transcender too..

You calling me a liar? What reason would I have to make up a story like that? For all I know, MS copied test questions from Transcender material. I wouldn't put it past them. They indulge in all kinds of other less-than-ethical-behavior so why not using someone else's material in exams? As Harry pointed out, there's also the possibility that someone else wrote the same exact questions because there's only so many ways to ask the same question. I just know I've seen word-for-word questions on real exams that I had in practice tests a few times.

I don't go around making the same kinds of cracks about others that you do, so just get over yourself. You don't like the truth? Tough. I could care less after your stunt the other day. I ain't backing off what I know to be true.

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Preplogic dont use braindumps, I have both Transcender and preplogic and as I have mentioned I don't like the transcender ones they are badly written the preplogic ones are better, the Boson ones I have seen are good too, they were MS practice ones

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Guys i too have seen one or two questions that i have only previously seen in the related transcender, appear seemingly word for word in the actual exam. I can't explain this, it is either a total coincidence, which i find hard to believe or one party has based their question too closely to the others. I would emphasise that this is one or two out of hundreds of questions, so in my mind it isn't a big issue. Certainly not big enough to drag Transcender, a company that i believe has integrity, through the BD mire. lets focus our efforts against braindumps at the companies that really do supply them.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. ffreeloader

I'd agree with you. I have seen nothing that says Transcender is guilty of using braindump questions. It's just hard to explain seeing exact wording, and I have seen it. So far 3 of us here say we've seen the same thing. In my case it was only 3 or 4 questions out of 11 or 12 exams so considering the number of questions I've seen from all parties concerned it's not a large number.

13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

And I've taken more than fifteen MS exams and used Transcenders for seven or eight of those and have never come across a question that was a 'word for word' copy of a 'real' question. Granted I've seen a couple that were quite similar (especially in the SQL Design/Admin exams) but none of them were close enough to have been a 'dump' type question.

Transcenders are NOT braindumps. There is NO braindump material in them and using them will NOT help anyone cheat through their exams. I'm not saying this to have a go at Freddie, or Pete, or Onoski or anyone else who has contributed to this. Just pointing out a fact (and no I'm NOT kissing Mike's arse either :biggrin).

Incidentally - when this was raised in the past I did go back and check the two questions I thought were similar to questions that came up on my SQL exams, but it was so long ago that I took the exams that I couldn't remember which ones they were! I think one was about cross joins and the other may well have been something about table design for a horse/dog/pig breeding pedigree chart (sounds odd, but that's what stuck in my mind!)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  14. ffreeloader

Oh, sure..... Like you don't just love taking a shot at me.... :biggrin:twisted:

15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Oh come on!! :rolleyes: :biggrin

I think the concern is that the Transcender name may be damaged here. They don’t sell BDs and I’m sure we all agree with that.

There *may* be a few similar questions but I think that is to be expected to be honest.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Brown noser :p

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. ffreeloader

Hey, that's just as possible an explanation for finding exact practice test questions as any other. :twisted::biggrin

There hasn't been anyone, as far as I know, on this thread that's accused Transcender of being a company that sells brain dumps. There's just a few people around who have seen exact questions. I think my stance on brain dumps is very well established, and I've recommended Transcender tests on this site more than once, so don't ya think if I really thought Transcender was selling brain dumps I'd a said something about it?

I'd just never seen anyone from this site bring the subject up before, and as it was challenged immediately as if it was some kind of a personal attack, I figured to stand up and be counted as someone else who's seen the same thing. It's a lonely thing being the only person who's seen some real oddity that no one else wants to believe to be true. Been there and done that, so figured saying what I'd seen was the better part of valor.

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hey man - I'm just impressed ya managed to make it this far into a thread without somehow turning it round and blaming M$ for it...

:twisted:

EDIT:
    Dang it all to hell - there I go again, not reading all the posts in a thread before I jump to conclusions like that. Sorry Freddie m'man, I stand corrected...

19. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Oh don't you just know it!

Hey Mike - starting out on my CCNP next year - how 'bout a free copy of NetSim? :biggrin

20. ffreeloader

ROTFL. I can certainly try if you'd like. I'm sure I can manage it somehow. In fact, I probably have and you've just missed it somehow..... :twisted: