POOL: When will I break 10,000 posts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, May 12, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All guesses noted in the original thread. :D Including "quite soon". :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Chopperchand

Chopperchand Nibble Poster

Without using Astrology or any other earthly or mystic predictions (It did make me look like a idiot, laughing at my monitor screen at work :oops:)

I would say 29th June

WIP: MCSA Sql Server 2012
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

The answer is July 16th @ noon.
    Now to narrow down the timezone. :blink

4. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

18th July 18:00 hrs!!!

Its all in the stars!!!

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  5. BosonMichael

I'm assuming GMT, which you fine folks will have to help me with. I believe it's five hours later than my time... could someone confirm that it is 1448 (2:48pm)?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

It is in GMT, but we're on British Summer Time now so it's 15.50 now.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  7. BosonMichael

Yeah, we're on summer hours too... why they can't just leave the time alone is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Let's go with BST, then: US Central Daylight Time plus 6 hours.

8. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

the 29th June

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  9. BosonMichael

Chopperchand has chosen June 29. Would you like to adjust by a few hours, or just share in the glory if you should both win? :)

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

its gonna be next week, probably Thursday if you keep posting. I know your at church on Sunday and rarely post on Saturdays, so thats 6 days.

I estimate 11pm BST so thats probably about 5pm to you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well I could explain that to you, but I would have to kill you after that:biggrin.

It is all about economy. In summer the sun comes up at about 4 in the morning and sets at 20:30. Most people wake at about 7 and try to turn in at 23:00. So in the morning they have 3 hours of "unconsumed" daylight which they could use in the evening.
    By shifting the day by 1 hour or in some countries even 2, you have one (or two) hour more light. The lights in home than switch on one (or two) hour later. An average house has about 5 bulps glowing of lets say 60 watts. that's 300 watt-hour per house.
    Multiply this with the number of houses in your country.......bingo, you are a milionair:biggrin

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  12. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

So lets just stay on summer time hours all the time!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  13. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Of course you could always shift your hours of waking and sleeping in tune with the seasons, which wouldn't involve messing with clocks.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  14. BosonMichael

But studies have shown that adjusting the time produces exactly zero energy benefit. These studies are quite recent, due to the changing of the start and end of daylight savings time last year.

In truth, you don't have an hour more light... it's just shifted. You have an hour or two more light at night... and an hour of two LESS light in the morning. So you either burn those bulbs in the morning or at night. What's the difference? There is none.

15. BosonMichael

Next week for 9K, perhaps... but this is for 10K. ;)

16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

agreed, anyway I get up when I get up. Its not a set routine for me. I am not bothered if its darker for longer in the morning or at night as BM says the lightbulbs are either on longer in the morning or at night there is no difference.

The only thing with it being dark in the morning is that some kids walk to school and someone could run them over, answer wear high vis jackets in the dark :) and not walk in the road :twisted:

I'll stick with my original guess but I am starting to think you'l hit it way before then.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  17. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Next Week? Yeah, more like next day - 2-days tops, and that's if you're slacking :cracking

18. BosonMichael

Yep, tomorrow is highly likely for 9K. Busy day editing tomorrow, but I should be able to squeeze in 10 posts. :)

19. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

If there is money on this I can, for the right price be bribed to reduced BM's post count.

Just a thought ???????

:twisted: £££££££ or $$$$$$$ don't mind :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  20. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

No, because during wintertime you save one hour morninglight. Lets say in winterite normally gets light at 9:00, you only need two hours electric light. If you would stay at summer time during the winter, 7 o clock (summer) time would in fact be 6 o clock (winter) time, so you would need three hours of electric light.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP