please let me tell a thing

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Dec 24, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i know most of you are living in the U.S. and economy there is sweet also the main thing
    is that when you have a job for example becoming a network engineer YOU ONLY plan your networks
    and so on.....

but in my country because of lack of manpower and weak economy , bosses accept a
    a personnel and make him work on so many jobs at the same time
    NOT ONLY DOING HIS JOB BUT ALSO OTHER JOBS

for instance if you are a network engineer , boss requires that additionally you have to
    know databases , web site building , hardware (a lot) , servers .......

did you understand me mate how hard to work in my country?

besides these , current management (government) and its fans it is harder than before, having a job .
    they use states as they wanted . No chance for Republic lovers nowadays.
    also teachers are under pressure since they bring up
    Republican children not fake religious ones.

Certifications: CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I do understand what you mean kobem, but let me tell you. I live in the UK and work for a smallish company. Im responsible for the network, servers, basic database development, hardware rollouts, moving desks, IT Support..... I could go on and on. Think of it this way, your getting brilliant exposure to many different areas in IT, and thats a good thing if you can handle it.

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

maybe right maybe no but a person can not be an expert in many fields at the same time

Certifications: CCNA
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thats true, but more often then not, you dont need to be an "expert" to make things tick along efficiently. If I need any help, I use my good friend google.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most people do lots of different things in their jobs.

Also most members on here are from the UK notice the URL is www.certforums.co.uk

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Kobem, you are deluding yourself mate.

Any employer, be they in Turkey, England, America, Australia or anywhere.. will want their pound of flesh.

I run my own business now and there is only me to do *everything*.

Prior to that i was working in London England. I was the service manager. I was the fleet manager. I was the IT manager. I looked after all telephoney equipment. I designed the company web site. I was the person that did the troubleshooting for others. I cabled the whole building with Ethernet, Power and telephones. I was the customer complaints department. I chased bad debts. I went to court on behalf of the company. I helped load and unload delivery trucks. I swept the floor if need be.

Get a grip, we are more similar than you realise.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It doesn't matter what country you are in or what the economy is like... it matters the size of the company you work for. For example, there's no need to have a dedicated Exchange admin in a small company. However, a large company may need a dedicated Exchange admin.

Here in the US, I did many different things as a senior network engineer because we only had 3 techs and an IT director in the department. I did advanced tasks, such as configuring VPN tunnels and the router infrastructure, as well as basic tasks, such as imaging PCs and fixing printers.

Sure, I administered the Exchange server... but am I an expert at it? No... there are people who are much more knowledgeable about Exchange than I am, but that's all the do all day long. So when something goes wrong with Exchange that I don't know how to fix, I use Google to figure out the problem.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!