Please help me solve my small query

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shejokes, Sep 24, 2009.

1. shejokes

shejokes New Member

Hi,
    I have been self studying (computing) from about 5 yrs, i am currently self employed as freelance web developer but i don't have any certification so i am thinking of spending this year preparing and giving as much exams as possible.

I am thinking of giving those exams A+, N+, Zend PHP Certification, CCNA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CEH
    Please suggest me the best order to prepare and give those exams, btw if i only give MCSE is MCTS, MCITP, MCSA required.

Please suggest me, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's a very mixed bag.

Why not pick one and see how you get on?

I'm not sure how something like an MCSE will tie in with your experience as a web developer.
    You'd be better off looking at MCPD certs.

Do you think it will benefit your business if you have all those certs?

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

None of those certifications are relevant to Web development. If you want to become a technical admin, you should start out with the A+, Network+, and MCDST, and get an entry-level IT job before pursuing any other certifications.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!