Please give your views

Discussion in 'A+' started by devip, Nov 15, 2004.

1. devip

devip Bit Poster

ADMIN EDIT: Copyright material edited out from post. PLEASE make yourself aware of our guidance for posting course material, to be found at the top of this Forum.

Thank you for your co-operation.

CertForums Staff.

2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

My advice (for what it's worth, but I'm bored at work so thought I'd reply :rolleyes: ) is that you'd be better off giving your reasons for your answer, then we can see where you going wrong (if you are wrong).
    Otherwise, we can't tell whether your understanding the subject.

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, Devip, it doesn't have to be a non-volatile store, ie when the PC is off, the gfx card will not be rendering anyway, so think over the choices with this in mind ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Clay

Clay Bit Poster

:dry

Answer RAM stored in memory on board card in newer systems and in main system memory if using on board graphics in special location for it, before being output would be my guess. As ROM is for system variables mainly. CMOS is used for your BIOS and BIOS is your config settings.

Bit of a shabby answer cos I am running out of time tonight and others are welcome to shout me down if they disagree.

Certifications: LCGI ECDL AMInstLM MCP
    WIP: MCSA 70-215
  5. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

I could be wrong but try reading page 106 on david groth, vram

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  6. devip

devip Bit Poster

I still think that it is RAM bcaz video adapter uses VRAM to store the images.