Please could someonw help me with me CV please i would really appreciate it!!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by sakuraba1982, Nov 11, 2006.

1. sakuraba1982

sakuraba1982 Nibble Poster

Hi there guys n gals first the good news from yesterday i am A+ certified!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!

now i am looking to update my cv as such what i was hoping that if someone had a spare min if they could share what they would write in regards to the A+ cert in thier cv ??? (mostly for someone looking to get an entry level IT Job)

I really struggle with doing stuff like this and i am looking for my cert to have the most impact on my cv (i will also list that i am going onto network plus then MCSA/MCSE)

if anyone could write 4-5 lines i would really really appreciate it

thx peeps

Certifications: A+ N+ MCSA 2003
  2. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Nibble Poster

Hi there Sakaruba,

First of all, congratulations on your A+ Doesn't it feel good ?

I'm a bit of a newb myself so if you hang around here long enough, someone else with more experience will be able to help you - in fact, like buses, I bet 3 come along at once.

You should probably let the good people on here know more about yourself though. Your age, jobs, career background, work experience etc so that they can tailor their advice to you.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, Network+, ITIL v3, 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I just took a quick look at my online CV and saw that I only mention my certs by listing them under my name at the top. The rest of the CV is laid out as follows:

Head

Includes my name, website URL and email address.

Summary

Applications

specific software applications that I use in my work.

Experience

This is broken down into the different specific types of experience.

Education

Feel free to have a look Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

As you did I have stuck in the next cert im doign as WIP - I also put this in my list of education, so started with GCSEs, Alevels etc then put Professional at the top (in chronological order), and mentioned the cert. Also as with the gcses etc i put the place of study - this time round I put self study to make it look better :D

Also - i foudn it best to put at the top name address etc, then a small statement about myself, then skills (lateral thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork etc), and then after that education. Try and put this on the 1st page though.

Then on the 2nd I put work experience, and then hobbies

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  5. sakuraba1982

as far as the A+ cert goes if you had to write 2 or 3 lines about it on your cv what would you write????

6. sakuraba1982

as far as thr rest of my cv goes i am ok as i have lots of good experience (ex police you see)

What i am looking for is the really make the A+ stand out as i want to make theIT move

7. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Hey Sakuraba,

You could probably write a whole novel on how good your cert is but the real selling point is yourself. Make sure you get across all your relevant experience (to the job your applying for) and then back it up with any qualifications. Maybe explain what experiences you gained from studying for your cert, labs you set up, operating systems you've configured etc, etc.

To be honest, you look like you'll be aiming for an entry level role into IT where you probably wont be expected to have loads of great qualifications and technical knowledge. At this stage the employer will be more interested in you, your aptitude towards work and self development.

The fact that you self-study shows a willingness to learn and self-motivation, which are all good points in my book.

Hope this helps. 8)

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  8. sakuraba1982

thx for the advice stoney,

i think the main thing is to go in with a realistic attitude towards what positions i should be applying for

9. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Main job applicants for A+ first of all seem to head towards first line support jobs..... Then try and expand from there. Personally i just header my CV PC Engineer instead of Curriculum Vitae.. Then list certs below :D

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  10. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Also, reading that TRIP you are clearly one of the most intelligent men i have met in a long time. Bows down to your knowledge :D

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes James is a certified smarty pants, in that there is no doubt :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)