please Be cruel to be kind, help me find floors in my C.V

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Applewhaite, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Applewhaite

Applewhaite Bit Poster

Hey I'm terrble when it comes to grammer and cant string a sentence together without spelll checker,:oops: not to mention this is my first real C.V soooo please if u can even sence a error or feel i should be working towards a better standard let me know..

Be cruel to be kind.

Thank you to anyone who (is going to) download and looked at my C.V i have proofread it(x100) but if u see any errors again let me know.

Edit* View attachment Louis DXP amends RW accept..doc *

hey Arroryn
    :biggrin
    i have reworked my C.V using the feedback that you was kind enouth to give me. i agree with all comments made.
    i know there is might be a few more errors now..:cry: so please would you be so kind as to assist it with the same passion you showed before.

thank you very much btw Arroryn:biggrin

Certifications: A+,ADITP,MCDST,NVQ lvl 3
    WIP: N+
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Well, unfortunately for you Applewhaite I got here first. And I'm a complete pedant :)

I feel compelled to point out that it is 'flaws' in the CV, and not floors :) \pedant

I've attached a track-changed amend to your Word document.

Whilst the overall spelling and grammar is fine, the CV (in my opinion) just lacks... oomph. It's all well and good describing the jobs you did throughout college and so forth, but you don't highlight any customer service experience (exposure to work on the telephone, client-facing roles, and so forth) aside from saying you did 'customer service'.

I'm not going to say my own CV is fantastic (because quite frankly, it's crap lol) but I try to mix job experience with saying how the experience has enhanced my service offer.

I've attached the amend, and my own shabby CV for paltry comparison.

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Applewhaite

Applewhaite Bit Poster

thank you
    Arroryn, 1st thank you for looking at my C.V and i'm right now trying to implement "some" changes that you suggested.. not sure how i'm going to make my C.V as literate as yours but i doesn't have to all be in senses right?

2nd :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin OMG no grammar and spelling errors =] oooooooooooooohhh im so happy! my eyes bled from proofreading.

3rd I like your C.V good stuff.
    thanks again

Edit#

No errors!! lol I didnt open the other attachment with comments. I am reading it all now. Thank you for your comments i'll post a aminded C.V in about 1 hour 20 minutes

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ah.
    Rugby school for girls...

I seem to remember my all-boys school beating you at rugby, which is ironic.
    Don't recall you from the shower afterwards though.

Sorry, off topic there...

:tune

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Sorry, back to topic...

Try and be professional in whatever you do (hey, none of us are perfect, ahem).
    I, as in 'me' is 'I', not 'i'.

'I doesn't have to...' is 'I don't have to...'

'gud' is actually 'good'

Please don't take this as abuse or pedantry, but you've asked for feedback and we're all willing to help.

:D

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi Applewhaite.

Haven't forgotten you - been on mad shifts. Will have a look through your amended CV when I get a spare window of time, and send you back an amended doc if it needs it :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. Applewhaite

Applewhaite Bit Poster

Thank you, all your feedback is appreciated.
    Its totally understandable that you are busy.

8. Applewhaite

Applewhaite Bit Poster

Hey, i'm currently updating my CV, can anyone think of ways to big up data a administration role on my CV?? i also offer *minor* IT support in this job roll but i cant think how to add that in there.
    (example below)

Employment History

MARServices – Data Administrator (Full Time) Apr ‘09 – Current

Key duties included:
    • Censing of data

Blue Mountain Golf course – Bartender (Part time) Sept ‘07 - June ‘08

Key duties included:
    • Exemplary service to the full range of customers
    • Stock Control