Playstation Home

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JonnyMX, Apr 27, 2009.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I was just wondering if there were any other PS3 users out there who are part of Playstation Home?

I've been on there for a while now, and although it looks very nice, there hasn't been a lot to do.
    It's a little frightening the number of avatars in such a restricted space and sometimes it feels like being stuck on a London tube train.

However, this weekend I stumbled upon the new Xi virtual game and it really got me hooked.

Just wondering if any of you were out there.
    If you are, look for JonnyMX.

I don't want to meet or talk to you necessarily any more than I do in real life, but it might be nice to know that there are others there to find.
    Maybe we could start a CertForums club?
    F**k knows how...

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

I did go on Playstation home for a bit, but then freaked out at the amount of people coming up to me asking my age over and over. I tried to run away from one of them and he ran after me...slightly freaky.

I like the idea of it mind, and I think I'll go back on and give it some more time. My apartment on home is somewhat tidier than my newly bought real life house that has plaster everywhere :eek:

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

lol i've been on there
    it's terrible

you have to fight to play pool / bowling - and that's the only thing you can do
    other than dance / harrass people... which gets old after an hour or so

if they came out with something to actually do, kinda like a mmorpg, then i suppose it'd be alot better
    oblivion would have been great if it was mmo but because it wasn't, it got about 2 hours of play from me :|

edit:
    haha it was probably me :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It did freak me out a bit at first - it was so crowded.
    I had a go at talking to people, some 'bloke' came over to me and asked where I was from so I answered and asked him back.
    Seeing as that was the thing to do, I then saw a 'girl' sitting on her own so I went up and asked where she was from only to be told 'you just asked me that'.

Freaky, same boy/girl just switching avatars.

Anyway, if you haven't been there for a while, try it.

On one of the walls in home square is a graffiti circle. Stand by it and you can teleport to the Hub, a kind of underground The Istland/X Files kind of thing and you have to complete a set of missions by following clues.

There's also a games room where they seem to have fixed the issue of overloading things with too many users.

5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

i'll give it another go tonight..
    one thing it is good for though is learning new dance moves... those models can dance!
    :rocks

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Cough *Cert forum seminars in Home* cough, now that would be good, we could host them in my beach front property lol

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  7. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

by the way, for those who don't have a ps3 but want one just to come on playstation home with us guys

here is the cheapest deal around at the moment:

Playstation 3 80GB with Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller - £209.30

http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf...01269883&Ntk=group_search&Dx=mode+matchall&th

Use code XX057 at checkout to get a 30% off the £299 making it £209.30 ! :D
    If you have quidco, you can use it to get a further 8% discount too..

-daz

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Anyone intersted, there's a Star Trek get together tomorrow (Sunday) evening from 7-9 BST in home square.
    Free ST uniforms are now in stock in the store.

8)

9. chen

chen New Member

i played around with @Home during the beta was great at the time, being able to explore a mini virtual world.
    I did expect it to be more "Sim" like, so i could bring mates round to my Apartment/beach house but you cant. Pretty pointless doing up the house when u cant show it off or use it for some purpose.

What really bugs me out is the neonazi looking lesbians avatars in game, very scary looking.

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Apparently you can invite people over but don't know how - or rather wouldn't want any of the weirdo's there round my place.

Unless that's just the US version.

You can set up clubs and have a club house.
    At the moment there's a one-off fee for that but it looks as if it's going to change to monthly payments.

I experimented by changing my avatar to a female and it was funny to see the other 'boys' start following me about...

Perverts.

:rolleyes:

11. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Sure they can although maybe they need to be on your FL

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)