Plasma vs LCD

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Aug 28, 2010.

1. FreakyBeanz

FreakyBeanz Bit Poster

I've got what is now an old (7 years) Panasonic Plasma screen and if you treat them right and run them in, then you'll have no problems with burn-in.

Essentially stay away from "dynamic mode" on them, and if you can live with it for a while (approx 600 hours) then keep the contrast and brightness at < 50% - check out avforums.co.uk for advice on this, there's loads on there.

I ran mine in like that, and its worked perfectly since. You may sometimes get what's known as "image retention" but this is NOT the same as "burn in". "burn in" is permanent damage caused to the phosphers, and "image retention" is a faint image that may get left behind on the screen from a static image that's been left there for too long (such as the BBC's Red Button DOG on BBC News - I always kill it using the green button on Freeview when I go on that channel to avoid it!), this image will disappear after a short while, and you'll be very hard pressed to notice it in the first place!

The Panasonic's are really great TV's, and I'm sure you'll be extremely happy with it.

Certifications: RHCT
    WIP: CompTIA Linux+
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Just bought a 50 inch panasonic g20 plasma myself for the living room when i finish decorating, its currently sitting in the box, also waiting for delivery of PS3 to go with it :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house