Ping Runners

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Sep 25, 2008.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Nice on BM

With me the heaving thing was a first though I did have to have a lie down after the last 10k race I did

Keep pushing:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Best thing you can do is to keep moving - even if only a little - and keep your head elevated above your heart. Lying down isn't a good plan.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. skulkerboyo

It was mainly due to a headache I developed halfway round in the heat.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  4. skulkerboyo

Did anyone see Matt Dawsons toughguy race last night

Criminy I'm glad I'm doing it in summer and not winter. Have to go round twice to compensate for reduced risk though.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow. This thread is really going the distance. No running for me. Too hot for one thing and besides, I'm saving my knees for old age (shaddup). Did 4 sessions on the Elliptical machine this week at 45 minutes per. I figure that's good cardio, and I don't have to worry about cars trying to hit me.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. BosonMichael

So... :p

...when exactly did you plan on spending those knees? :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Does jogging count? just started last week. A friend and myself hooked up to do 30 to 40mins joggin/walking.
    We jog for about 5 mins then walk 2 (at a fast pace) then jog 5 again etc. Dunno if this makes much difference but this time we tried to jog for shorter periods and walk less but still do 30 mins.

My friends into her fitness, doing biking everyday to work, about 1hour general exercise and 2 days a week jogging. By her calculations we used up 400 to 500 calories each time. For me i just use wii fit everyday for 35mins and then twice a week jog, and my shins are hurting as i'm not used to it.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  8. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Jogging is great Twizz - go you!

I have been having personal training sessions with virtual coach "Maya" (Wii) Graphics are not that great, but, if you know your exercises then you do them properly..had 4 sessions this week and can already feel it on my stomach / arms - great feeling!! :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It would be interesting to see how many running miles have been clocked up since this thread started ! :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  10. skulkerboyo

http://www.runningahead.com/

Online logging and analysis tool that doesnt require you to have gps

I have used it but use a piece of software called Sporttracks cos I use my gps every time I do anything more strenuous than shopping

Jogging soooo counts

11. skulkerboyo

Hmm decided to add to this one rather than start a new thread

Heres some pics from the Toughguy race I did. Took 3 and a half hours to get round mainly because of queueing for obstacles and several wardrobe failure. I lost almost two stone in the build up to it to make obstacles easier to climb. Looking forward to winter when all the events are out of the way and I can get back on the weights. Took days to recover use of my legs fully and was cut and bruised to hell.

Enjoy

Link

Sorry if some of you cant access FB at work

12. BosonMichael

I ran *9* miles on Saturday, a total of 31 miles since I started running again a couple weeks ago. :)

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Now the snow is gone, I shall attempt to get back onto this running malarky!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  14. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Fantastic - that's great!

I haven't done anything much of late - been to the gym once so far this year. Do have an excuse though - started studying for a degree last October and it takes a lot of time up at the evenings / weekends if you are also in a full time job...and want a family / social life!

Keep up the good work BM

15. skulkerboyo

I can barely walk at the moment :(

Overextended some toes in a BJJ class. At first I thought the toes were broken but after 2 months the pain was still there. X rays have confirmed no breakages so its soft tissue. Sports physio and months of hobbling for me I'm afraid. No gym. No fighting. No running. Put a stone on as well:rolleyes:

16. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hope it heals soon :hug

17. BosonMichael

3 more miles today... which hurt a lot more than the 9 miles did. I might need to recover... ow... :blink

18. BosonMichael

Ran for the first time in almost four months... not since dropping 25+ pounds. Well... it seems to have helped, not carrying a toddler around my middle: I dropped 1:30 off my per-mile time... from 11:06/mi to 9:36/mi. That's 28:48 for a 3-mile run.