ping Qs

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Aug 29, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're just glad that a woman is paying attention to you. :twisted:

...as well you should!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Manuel from Fawlty Towers - I know nothing!

...*high five*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I thought that was Sgt Shultz. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Errr... who?

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I sense both an oceanic and a temporal divide here... :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Qs

Ha ha. I think it's an age thing Arroryn :p

I also have absolutely no idea what tripwire is on about.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

A 1965 American situation comedy called "Hogan's Heroes" was a show set in a WWII Nazi POW camp. Hogan wa an American Army Air Corps bomber pilot who, with a band of other prisoners, secretly worked as a behind-the-lines intelligence and sabotage group, being able to escape and return to Stalag 13 at will. Sgt. Shultz (played by the late John Banner) was the head guard who may have *really* known what was going on, but stayed out of trouble by forever claiming to know nothing ("I know nothing...nothing).

Werner Klemperer played the camp commandant, Col Klink, who was an arrogant and ignorant suck up, able to be fooled at every turn. The Nazis were made to look like baffoons while Hogan and his band, were continually able to gather intellegence information and transmit it back to London. Through a series of tunnels, they could make their way in and out of the camp, blowing up bridges, enemy supplies, and performing other acts of sabotage. They had the perfect "hide out" in a POW camp.

OK, it is completely ridiculous, but a very popular show at the time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan's_Heroes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058812/

EDIT: Oh Wow! I had no idea. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

8. Qs

I see... thanks for the info.

Have you ever seen Fawlty Towers tripwire? It's fantastic and I recommend it if you haven't. Plus its a full 1.5 stars above Hogan's Heroes on IMDB :p

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I've heard of it but never seen it. I don't watch a lot of shows and in fact, probably won't purchase Hogan's Heroes on DVD. I recalled the show when I saw the line "I know nothing", attributed (in my mind) to Shultz and looked it up (See my EDIT above...very interesting history).

I'm a casual student of television history. I recently checked out seasons 3 and 4 of the old (and I mean old) The Adventures of Superman series (circa 1957). This was the Superman of my childhood and will probably always be more "Superman" to me in memory than Christopher Reeve's version. The show was poorly budgeted and in later seasons, written exclusively for 4 to 12 year olds, but for it's time, it's gold. I especially like all of the trivia attached to it. As of 2006, the actors who played Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen (Noel Neill and Jack Larson) were still alive and both had cameos in the 2006 release of "Superman Returns" (which sadly, was a pretty forgettable movie).

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Really? :ohmy wow did you work that out all by yourself? :tongue:twisted::tune LOL

UCM quickly runs for cover

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. Qs

My recommendation - run faster :p

12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Now where did Arroryn place that flaming pitchfork? :eek::twisted:

13. Arroryn

Are you sure that you still want to come to the gathering? Do you think you'll be able to cope with all that pain :rolleyes:

14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I'm not sure, but I notice BM's got a strange smile on his face!!.:p:twisted:

Or is that trapped wind???.. LOL

15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I'll be OK! Just as long as you don't start singing! (after you had a few to drink):p:twisted:

I Know..I know don't forget to pick up my coat as I'm leaving. LOL

16. Qs

...ouch. Low-blow.

17. Arroryn

Don't worry. I'm not that extroverted :) I just drink... and drink... and drink... and drink...

18. Qs

and drink... and drink... and drink... and...

*ahem* sorry. :p We get the picture. Arroryn the Alcy is now your new fashionable nick name.

19. Arroryn

Not if you value your teeth, it's not :)

20. Qs

*backs down*

I think we should start a new "Ping Qs" thread - this one's gone by the wayside.