Phone, T'Internet and TV

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Sep 19, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

:eek: mate they saw u coming... :dry no way would I be tied down to 2years... :blink

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

you wouldnt get much of a choice in Aus noel, if you wanted broadband
    especially if you lived where Pete does :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

To true Ryan. It happened because ADSL wasn't available where I live, as I was on a pair gain system (RIM). So, after waiting three years for Telstra to upgrade the RIM, they changed the deal for ISDN customer. Basically they capped dial up charges, which made ISDN viable, so I went for ISDN but had to sign a years contract. Three weeks later they upgraded the RIM :eek: Although I was told by three people that they would not charge me to switch to ADSL, they changed their rules which meant that the only option open to me to avoid paying the ISDN removal charges, was to sign a two year contract. They got me by the short and curlies unfortunately :oops:

When the two years is up, I will churn to another ISP, there are some quite good deals around now, but still nothing like England.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)