People who can't get a job in IT, ask yourselves why?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Baba O'Riley, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hmmm, the site seems to be down, must be too much strain on the server, hee hee! :biggrin

Getting back to the original post, there are loads of people who work in IT for the money and there are others who enjoy IT and would work for free rather that get an ‘office job’ 8)

The thing that annoys me the most is the guys that leave the office right on 5 when there is still work to be done. I know officially the contract says 9-5 but in IT I find that’s not always practical! :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Depends on the situation. This time of year we have baseball, karate, and soccer coming up in the fall. There have been plenty of days where I have left "on time" because my son had a baseball game even though there was still more work to do....then again there's been days when I've worked until 8-9 pm to get things done or at least get to a stopping point.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

True geek...very true.

However, I think what sparky is stating, their are some workers out there who go home early.

We have one at work. On his contract it states he finishes at 5pm. Yet almost everyday he goes at 4:30pm. His excuse is because he cycles home and wants to miss the 5 o'clock rush!
    Yet when he hands in his time sheet he writes on the finish time as 5pm.

It doesn't go down too well with the rest of the department.

Monkey :rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Word of advice Sparky, if that annoys you NEVER work in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece or any other Mediterranean country probably :D .

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270