PearsonVue or Prometric

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by krrishone, Jun 20, 2014.

1. krrishone

krrishone Bit Poster

Hi everyone, apologies if this question has been answered before.

I am self studying towards Network+, ITIL Foundatioon and Microsoft certs (not at same time!).

I wanted to know how these testing bodies compare with each other in terms of exam prices and overall service.

Live in the UK so there is always 20% VAT to pay. Heard Prometric do not charge VAT in UK?

Appreciate all your feedback.

Thank you

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

They all charge VAT for European countries in the VAT scheme. They have to by law.

In some cases you used to be able to buy US vouchers and use them in the UK, but most of this is now stopped.

Also before you could pick PearsonVue vs Prometric, but now most vendors go with a single approved testing body.

So if you want take MS exam you gotta a use Prometric, and the price is the price regardless.

The only thing you can do is look for MS promotions which nowadays tend to be voucher bundles or 2nd shot for free.

At one point buying an MS study guide also used to get you 20% off, not sure if its still going.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

From 4th September 2014 Pearson Vue will also be providing Microsoft exams.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I have just booked my first exam ever about 30 minutes ago, I didn't pay any VAT when booking with Prometric.. which is nice, not big fan of the cancellation policy, having to give 15 days notice or suffer losing your money.. aswell as that you have to pay fee to cancel anyway. Not sure what the policy is with Pearsons, I've only used them to do my driving theory test.

5. krrishone

krrishone Bit Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Great tips DMarsh.

Yes PearsonVue will also start providing Microsoft tests from September 2014.

Juelz, I am pretty sure the VAT was already included in the exam fees you paid as its the law in the UK.
    PearsonVue have 48 hour cancellation / reschedule policy however i am unaware of costs involved in this scenario.

Jule