Payment

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by Mr.Cheeks, Aug 1, 2006.

?

Would you pay to download a Beta?

1. Yes - sounds reasonable

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Yes - but reluctantly

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. No - betas shouldn't cost money

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  4. Office 2007? Who cares?

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

but there is people out there that will down one copy and burn it on cd/dvd... then hand the cds/dvds out to other people, which saves their time in downloading the huge file...

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Pete+Cheek - Good point. I made the mistake of installing IE7 on my laptop....

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I like the Office Beta 2007...nice look and feel. And I dont think I am bothered about the outlook.pst file cos I never used the old versions of Outlook. I have only been using Outlook 2007 cos I like the way it looks...I know I am weird that way but thats me. otherwise u wont see me pay for Beta...no way...if its for testing its meant for testing...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What I am saying Noel, is that you may be lucky and it may work for you without too many glitches, which is fine but on the other hand you might find it is crashing continuously and unusable, in which case un-installing the beta and re-installing the original version will not work, unless you had previously backed up the pst file :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

not really cos I never even had a copy of Office installed on my machine after my last format and re-install...but I see where ur coming from mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life