Passing MCTS 70-528 :- What I Did...

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by merrsh1, Nov 12, 2008.

1. merrsh1

merrsh1 New Member

Hi all,

I originally came here for help a few months ago, so thought I'd post back about my experiences as when I originally when I came here didn't have a clue where to start with my certification 'road map' and a number of kind people here helped me, so I'd like to return the favour...

Passed today. 70-528 had pretty much all the same problems/issues/idiosyncrasies that I mentioned here when I passed 536:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread27787.html

Main BIG problem is the coverage of mobile web development in the 528 exam, lots of questions and something that most people (myself included) have little if any experience of, so one to watch out for...

This time I used Transcender prep exams for 528 and I found these to be on par with the Measure Up stuff, very good and very similar to real questions.

I will stress for anybody taking the exams to take a good look at the ASP.NET videos online:

http://www.asp.net/LEARN/videos/

These were a real help.

In total to get the MCTS certification its cost circa £400, a hell of a markdown from the 3k to 5k I was quoted for classroom based study! In addition I really think I learned something too.

I'm now going to sit in a darkened room till well into the new year before tackling the rest of the exams.

But; I think I've got the certification bug...

Good luck to you all.

2. biggerbyfar

biggerbyfar New Member

the stuff about mobile development - is this covered in the MS training kit book and/or covered by Transcender?

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security