Passed

Discussion in 'Security+' started by MajorGeek, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If he's referring to Transcender, GW's information is also incorrect. Transcender has never been sued by Microsoft, nor has Transcender ever been told by Microsoft to change questions to "make them legit".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. GW

GW Byte Poster

I don't think it was ever in the news, I used Transcenders for when I took the Windows 95 exam and many of the questions on the Win95 exam were exactly or very close to it as the Transcender exam. I didn't see anything in the online news or such back then for any possible lawsuits or communications from Microsoft to Transcender of course back in the mid 90's I don't think Microsoft were as vicious as they are now on cracking down on the braindumping sites since the cert value was still really high back then.

But I was referring to Transcender all along and not any other braindump source.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  3. BosonMichael

Dude... I worked for Transcender (and currently work for the guys who used to own Transcender). There was no such lawsuit, in the news or outside of it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. GW

GW Byte Poster

I don't know if there was a lawsuit or if Microsoft asked them to change the questions or if Transcender changed on their own with their own questions, I just remember in the past that Transcender use to have questions that were on the exam for when I took the Win95 exam. It really doesn't matter, Transcender is a good program to test your knowledge before sitting the exam.

GW

5. BosonMichael

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say that no such request was made by Microsoft. You say that "you don't know". I do know; I was on the inside.

Transcender may have had questions that were LIKE Microsoft's exam questions... but if they WERE Microsoft's exam questions, Transcender would have had a lawsuit thrown at them. Transcender has always been a US-based company, so they wouldn't have any way to hide from Microsoft, like many braindump companies do.

For the record, I now work for Transcender's competition, so I have nothing to directly gain by telling you the truth regarding Transcender.

In any case, to even attempt to draw a comparison between a legitimate study tool and a braindump simply provides unjustified credibility to braindumps, and lessens the credibility of legitimate practice exam providers.

6. GW

GW Byte Poster

That's what my point was, many of the questions were so "LIKE Microsoft's exam questions" that when I took the Microsoft exam I had no problem answering many of the questions because I knew the answer from the Transcender exams. The exam was very easy because of that, after I left the exam I was talking to my co-workers and my boss on how "LIKE Microsoft's exam questions" were in the Transcender product.

I was saying that in the past Transcenders in my opinion was iffy because of the "LIKE Microsoft's exam questions"; but since then the questions they have on the practice exams are better and tends to be harder than the actual Microsoft exams so I feel that they are a very good self testing tool that I recommend along with other products I have used or are using as part of my training such as the Train Signal products.

I'm not adding creditability to braindump sites, services or whatever, I have lost jobs to people who have their MCSE's who admit to braindumping or not even opening up a book at all to study for the exams. Also, I make less in my job because previous people have gotten their certification and got the job with the high pay and didn't have the core knowledge or skills to back it up.

So when I came along they offer me less money because the companies do not want to pay the high wages for low return. I'm happy that Microsoft is making changes in the certification exams to make them harder and I'm happy that they are adding more simulations in the exam to test to make sure that people actually have the skills to back it up.

GW

7. BosonMichael

Saying that Transcender used to create braindump-like products certainly DOES add credibility to braindump sites. I'm sure that you don't mean to do that, but that's exactly what's happening when you say that they "used to be so close that Microsoft probably made them change their questions", when that's a false accusation. Microsoft did nothing of the sort.

Should we believe that TK is now "legit" because Microsoft made THEM change? Sounds like a similar story to the one you're offering regarding Transcender.

Sorry, mate... if you don't see how those are similar, I'm not sure how I can explain it to you.

8. GW

GW Byte Poster

For the record, I have NEVER said that TK is legit or even close to being legit, their products are aimed at nothing but braindumping.

But I think we are just having a dispute on the meaning of words and anything I say is just going to be twisted so I'm not going to continue on with this thread. I am glad that we are not dealing with the company that you work for because I'm sure I would have someone at my front door serving me papers for a lawsuit.

GW

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

And the point of this line of conversation is...?

:offtopic

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. BosonMichael

...responding to allegations. Sorry, Trip... I'm going to correct inaccuracies when I see them.