Passed

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by stuPeas, Aug 8, 2007.

1. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Cheers Whiz. Glad to see that you are still around :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  2. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

I seem to recall you're doing this with SkillsTrain, stuPeas? Quick question: If you've finished the course with ST, apart from having to do the Foundations exam first, can you choose the order in which you sit the others, or do you have to follow the same order as they were "taught"?

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  3. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Yep I'm with ST, but I've not finished the course yet (I'm on server admin). I told them I wasn't prepared to go the whole way because I'd just forget all the stuff from the beginning.
    As for the order, the CIWcertified website says that as long as you take the foundations first, then the order after that is unimportant.
    Hope this helps.
    Stu

4. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

Yep, that helps ta. I'll be sitting the Foundations exam soonish, but I haven't finished the course yet either. I just figured I'd be more likely to choose Site Designer as my second exam (since that and Foundations gives you the "Professional" level of certification) if I had a free choice. Now I see why you have to do it in order since you haven't finished yet either. Well done on insisting you get to sit as you go along. They agreed to let me sit Foundations but are still digging their heels in about me sitting all the others at the end.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

congrats mate... sorry for the lateness, this is your present from me, am i now forgiven???

6. Belmont

Belmont Bit Poster

Congrats! So they DID allow you to sit exams before you finish the whole course? :blink
    I'd prefer to do the same as I'm doing Server Admin and just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel... :rolleyes:

Certifications: none related
    WIP: Master CIW Web Site Manager
  7. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Well done m8!

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  8. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!. The server admin is painfully complex and complicated and I knew that if I carried on without taking any exams I would have to revise for MONTHS. I don't intend to set eyes on the server admin again until I've done the Perl exam (and passed it of course), at least that way it will still be fresh in my mind when i sit the exam.

Nice to here from you again BTW. :biggrin

9. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Well I guess I am the lats to reply. Sorry mate...Well done for the pass and good luck for the others. :)

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  10. Belmont

Belmont Bit Poster

Hm, yeah, I reviewed my chances of ever getting qualified and just started to play the lottery instead.....

Imagine this: I worked my way to TMA01 of Server Admin but the chars on the TMA CD were messed up. I mailed the tutor team, fixed the regional settings as they suggested, hurray. Now I've just done my TMA01 and it asks for a floppy to save it. No button to browse in a location (as before), now there's just a "save to floppy" button to click on. Problem is that I ain't got no f'ken floppy drive in my comp.
    No comment.

Certifications: none related
    WIP: Master CIW Web Site Manager
  11. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Yeh, I had both those problems too. I think if you just click cancel or OK then you can save it to Hard disk and submit on the website. Im pretty sure it was something like that anyway.
    I got the tutor team to post some errata on the website concearning the server admin section (its FULL of mistakes).