Passed the 220-602, what now?

Discussion in 'A+' started by nick101101, Jul 19, 2009.

1. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

Hi all,

took the 602 on saturday and passed with an 861 - I'm in shock with that score :eek: :)

From question 1-90 I thought I hadn't passed, I felt uneasy the whole way through - not like the week before on the 601 (I felt great after 10 questions). This may have had something to do with feeling like I had no energy though, I must have had a crap sleep.

I really didnt like the questions this time round, to be honest I felt they were worded badly. It just seemed like you had to make assumptions of your own on the question to come up with one of the 4 answer's. It's hard to explain without telling an exact question from the test. But that was my only problem really, anyone else taken it recently feel the same?

I would like to eventually get into a role as a network administrator, or something to do with network security. I'm realistic about time frames to get into a role like this, so am more than happy to work my way up over the years and years :) So my question is what cert should I go for next to help me in this direction? I'm thinking something like the network+ or security+? And what after that? (as a guide). Any thoughts you may have would be great.

Thanks again for such a great site, its helped me no end to get my first cert.

Nick.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Not sure about where to go in the future, but the N+ is definitly your next step ;)
    Are you working in IT at the moment?

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, Network+ is a good shout. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

I am in IT, but only working for myself at the minute. That's why I'm getting certified so I can get into a proper full time job. I thought it would be network+, would quite like to do security+ at some point aswell though.

Thanks for all your advice,

Nick.

5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

I would say do the Network+, then the MCDST next. I would say leave the Security+ for a little later :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Another vote for Network+ and MCDST.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Well done - thats a great score :)

I felt the same as you did but on both of the exams - probably because I didn't revise as well as I should have.

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  8. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done! N+ and if you fancy a security role Security+ :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I would disagree on the Security+. CompTIA state "Recommended experience: CompTIA Network+ certification and two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security. "
    I think the OP would overcertify themselves if they don't have at least a significant proportion of the recommended experience.

Congrats nick101101. I think the N+ is definitely your next move.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  10. SexySand

SexySand Bit Poster

Network+ for sure. That's what I am shooting for atm.

WIP: N+, S+, MCSA, CCNA
  11. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

Thanks alot for the advice everyone.

I'm gonna get some Netowork+ study stuff on order today then, cant wait to get started :)

Nick.