Passed SECFND

Discussion in 'Cyber Ops' started by Pseudonym, May 4, 2018.

1. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I've got a few threads to reply to on here, but I'm on phone and heading to see Noel Gallagher this evening so I'll reply to them in the morning. Locked myself away for the past month preparing for this, received my voucher last night and sat the exam about half an hour ago.

Passed with a 917 with 45 minutes to spare. Shocked by how straight forward the exam actually was. To be fair I've just come out of doing CCENT & sec+ so there's huge crossover, but yeah. I was expecting a bit more of a challenge. Although there were a few tricky questions in there.

SecOPs up next. Hopefully I can get it boxed off by month end

JK2447 likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations and have a great night. Well done you

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So was the study over the top for the exam?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. MasterDelgado

MasterDelgado Nibble Poster

Congratulations on the pass! Am working through a basic cybersecurity MOOC myself so your success is very encouraging!

Certifications: Sec+ | Fortinet NSE 1 & 2
    WIP: CCNA
  6. Pseudonym

Thanks guys.

SimonD - Yes. The study was over the top. But the course was also brilliant. Thoroughly informative & enjoyable. I learned a lot

I finished the SECOPS course quite some time ago, but I can't get an exam voucher until the 31st. So finally getting back to replying to threads on here.

7. Pseudonym

Passed SECOPS today with a 917. Harder than SECFND, which I'm glad about cause I don't want to walk out of the test centre feeling like I haven't achieved anything.

Bit worried as the test disconnected twice & my score is showing up as pending on the Pearson Vue site. Called them and they said it was successfully delivered so I'm hopefully just worried about nothing.

8. Pseudonym

Nevermind. Status has changed to pass now. Yes!

Starting ICND2 now. Hope to have it done by month end. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018