Passed N+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Jun 15, 2009.

1. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass !

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  2. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

good job dude? did your literature come with any practice tests? if so, how diffrent was the actual exam compared to the practice tests

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Doesn't matter what I think. It matters whether CompTIA doesn't want you disclosing that info, regardless of your intent. :) I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a CompTIA decertification and have to tell them, "But I wasn't trying to braindump!!!"

Just sayin.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

that sounds like a mechanism that you have created to stop user access to the certification program, does anyone know if the practice tests are the same as the real test

5. Necroscope

Necroscope Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass. I remember when i did my N+ exam about a month ago it was the hardest exam i have done in awhile.

Certifications: A+, N+,70-210, 70-270,MCDST,ECDL,CSCS
    WIP: ITIL v3 Foundation (sent me to sleep 3 times don't think made it past page 15), 70-680
  6. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

were the practice tests easier or were they the same as the real test and you authenticate which is a more accurate statement

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If the practice tests were the same as the real test then that would be cheating also known as braindumps and using dumps can get you decertifed for life have a hefty fine imposed or worse.

Always check your practice tests with certguard and the site will tell you if a practice test is legit or to be avoided.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael

Uh... that I have created? I have no idea what you're talking about... these are policies created by CompTIA, Microsoft, and Cisco... none of whom I work for.

GBL's right - if the practice exams you're using are the same as the real test, then you're cheating... yet another thing that can get you decertified. Again, that's not MY policy... that's the official position of CompTIA, Microsoft, and Cisco. Take it up with them if you want to use braindumps. I've got e-mail addresses for them if you want to contact them directly.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

so why would microsoft sell practice tests and say you cant use these practice tests, i have yet to see anything in writting from anyone that says anything about braindumps other than some crap you people have spread on the walls.

10. greenbrucelee

You seem a bit confused. There are practice tests out there which prepare you for the exams by being based on them but are not the exact questions. These are legit because the do not break any NDA agreements. These include Boson, Transcender, Preplogic and certain sites such as proprofs.com and cramsessions.

But there are sites and exams which have the exact questions you will get on the exam and these are known as braindumps. When you take an exam wether you know it or not you are actually being watched some centers have cameras, some have two way mirrors etc

If the person watching thinks you are cheating then you will be investigated and if found to have used braindumps then you can face legal action, being decertified and even worse.

11. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

then i would recommend that you clarify your responses to keep the public informed, if the practice test i purchased is the same as the real test then that is great, now if the practice tests were obtained illegally then that would be a diffrent regard

12. greenbrucelee

if you want to check wether your practice test is legit visit http://www.certguard.com/search.asp type in the domain or URL you will be informed if its ok or a braindump.

It doesn't matter if an illegal test was purchased legally or illegally either way it's against the rules. you need to be using a practice test that resembles the exam and covers the material in the objectives not an exam that has the actual questions in it. What do I need to clarify? is any of thos post or any of the others not clear enough?

what was the practice test you used?

13. BosonMichael

Umm... to my knowledge, Microsoft does not sell practice tests... and I work in the practice test industry.

If you insist on seeing something from Microsoft, then allow me to enlighten you. Click the Non-Disclosure Agreement tab on this Microsoft page, which clearly states:

It's probably not a good idea to come barging onto a forum alleging that well-respected forum members (who are trying to help YOU) are "spreading crap"... that's *really* not the way to become part of the community.

14. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

dude maybe your not getting the point, you cant run around telling people they cant study, its retarded, now if some arab kicks in the door of prometric and steals a bunch of stuff and sells it then yea ok i can see how that would break the rules to some degree, however if i purchased a licensed book with practice tests then ill take you to court if you have something to say about it, anyway hey u wanna buy a server + voucher it expires june 30th of this year, but i can get them to extend it to july 31st

15. greenbrucelee

I don't know what your problem is mate, you never mentioned what the book was or that it had exams with it. You just came on here spouting some ****e about practice exams are they real and we responded by saying if they were the same as the real thing then they would be illegal.

If your book had practice tests included then it is likely legit because it will be similar but not the same as the real exam and is ok to use BUT THERE ARE ILLEGAL EXAMS OUT THERE which do break the rules.

16. BosonMichael

Not just that, my friend. Microsoft records every keystroke and times every question in an attempt to discover abnormal test taking behavior. You might be able to cheat the test proctor, but it's a different story entirely to try to cheat statistical data.

Plus, it's widely believed that Microsoft intentionally seeds false answers in braindumps in an attempt to catch those who cheat.

If you think you can beat that whole system, know that you don't have to be caught with your hands on braindump documentation... you merely have to be suspected for them to throw out your test score and retest you... or decertify you.

Again, it's not my policy. If you believe braindumps should be legal, by all means, contact Microsoft and make your concerns known. You can reach them at [email protected].

17. BosonMichael

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

I think you need to stop nursing your hurt pride and carefully re-read what's been said. Nowhere has anyone stated that you would be decertified for using a book with practice exam questions. What was said was that if the practice exam questions you are using are exactly what you'll see on the exam, then they are braindumps and should be avoided, because using them can get you decertified.

18. greenbrucelee

I had assumed this to be the case.

That i did not know, I hope they step up their efforts.

19. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

you people are nuts, this is what im gonna do just since i like seeing you hurt yourself, when im more acclomated i will give you a scientific term for why thats not possible.

aside from using statistics in what answers are wrong or statistics such as lets add new questions that do not effect the score us but give us a trial basis on what direction to take the future exams, i bought a mac programming book in 93 and thats far more of a pain than anything i have read.

20. unclecharlie

unclecharlie Banned

what if the host is legitimate