Passed N+ in 5 months & My method.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by asje1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Hey all.

Well I passed my N+ on Friday with a pass score of 794/900.

Well if your anything like me you have a 9-5 job that doesn't allow any working hours to let you study, enjoy sports, have a decent set of friends and family who take up time - last but not least a girlfriend who also loves to eat up alot of personal time.

So with maybe 1 night a week to play with I slowly began to read Mike Meyers all in one N+ book, once i'd completed the book i basically cracked on straight away with some exam revision, highlighting some clear areas for improvement ie sub-netting and encryption types + info. So based on some advice i watched a few CBT nuggets videos which are awesome, simplified the whole process much easier than any theory book imo.

[Edit - removed reference to known braindump site - Bluerinse]
    The main thing i did was noted any questions i got wrong in my exam cramming with the correct answers - reading over them everyday for 7 days prior to my exam, printed out some cheat sheets on cable types and speeds, port numbers and names, read them too every morning with my breakfast for a week and bingo bango - passed. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, your old friend gave you a braindump to study. :(

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Asje1, i have edited your post and removed a section that contravenes our policy of no tolerance for braindumps. Certainly we do not want to be promoting them here.

It is my belief, that in this instance you were unaware of the nature of that material, so no infraction has been given.

Please be more careful in future, there is far more unsuitable study material being passed around than legitimate purchases of quality training material. These braindumps have hurt our profession badly and we should all work together to try raise peoples awareness of this problem.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)