Passed my CCNA today

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by choppertastic, Mar 19, 2010.

1. choppertastic

choppertastic Bit Poster

Yep I passed my CCNA today. I got 850 :biggrin

I found it a lot different to when I did my CCNA in 2002. I struggled with time and only had about 2 mins spare. The test PC I was using wasnt the best setup to be honest. The bloody mouse was an old one with a ball that squeaked, the monitor was an old 17" CRT which seemed to only be able to do 1024x768 at 60Hz and had an intermittent fault where the screen kept going blue :sick. Not what you really want when you get the simulation questions and end up having to keep scrolling up and down.

Certifications: MCSE2k3, MCITP Enterprise Admin, CNE 5,6, VCP3 & 4, CCNA
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass. :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. Constantin_Varzari

Constantin_Varzari New Member

Hi mate,
    I just start learning for my CCNA in February. will be a 9 months distance learning course with the Open University!!! at the end hope to pass my CCNA to!:rolleyes:
    any good tips, were to look for extra materials, ways to understand 100% subnetting........:blink

Regards,
    Constantin

Certifications: Certificate ICT - The Open University
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

What's next?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Big Bad JV

Big Bad JV Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass.

Will be having another go at mine in the next few weeks, hope I pass it then.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Voice
  7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Thats great that you passed mate well done... can i ask what you was doing previous to this... and was you already dealing with cisco routers/switches.... also how have you found it getting a job... with ccna was you able to get into a junior networking role or what steps did you take to put the CCNA into use..

i am currently a support analyst... what im wondering is... i spend 4-6 months watever.. passing the exam.. but is it realistic for me to expect a company to employ me based on passing CCNA and allow me to be on the network team in that way..

what was your experience?

thanks mate.

(sorry i have asked this to someone else.. then realised they are in Netherlands so kind of irrelevant)

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  10. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)