Passed my A+ today!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dave_unemployed, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I want to attend exams on May, I am a bit afraid, as in some of the tests I get over 80% and in some only 40%, some of these internet tests are about hardware that was on 20 years ago.
    I'm really bad in printers, windows and networks, in rest I'm ok, hope it will be fine, just need to do more tests :-)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most of the free exams you find on the internet are crap www.proprofs.com do some free good ones but fi you want real quality practice exams then you will have to pay. www.boson.com are good as are preplogic & transcender.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ssiruuk1

ssiruuk1 Bit Poster

Congratulations dude :)
    Got mine coming up soon so hopefully i can post a similar story to you (fingers crossed). Finding it harder to study these days as my 8 week old boy takes up a lot of time - i manage to do an hour or so after about midnight(ish) which always leaves me tired the next day, but hey-ho gotta do what you can eh!
    Well done :)

Certifications: a+
    WIP: network+
  4. Carman

Carman New Member

Congrats! Its a good feeling, I passed both my A+ (701 & 702) just over a week ago too :)

A few things I noted;

- The time limit of 90 minutes is very generous. I actually ended up doing mine back to back and it took me just over an hour in total to complete both of them.

- The difference between 701 and 702 wasn't hugely discernible. Either this is because I just studied for both of them as if it was one exam, so maybe that's why. Or perhaps more cynically the difference is minimal and CompTIA just want more money :P

- Funnily enough I got the exact same score on both; 810.

- Making you do a 15 question demographic survey at the end of the exam before giving you your score is a pain.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCP, CCNA, MSCE
  5. samurai

samurai New Member

That is something that needs to be changed, it`s bad enough having to wait for your result to flash up on the screen.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None