Passed ITIL foundation, but how? (or why?)

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by McTaff, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats :)

What UKD said :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm Bit Poster

Thanks very much for thr response guys. I thought that was the case but just wanted to be sure.

JN

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA, MCDST
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:) Shi and I too would be sitting at the end of October after a three days course which work is paying for.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Doublewindsor

Doublewindsor New Member

I took this when this version was first came out in March 07. I passed it 28/40. Dunno how as it went over my head. Everyone in my dept had to sit it, about 3 people failed.

Certifications: MCSA,MCSE,VCP3,VCP4,ITIL Foundation v3
  5. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

I recently passed my ITIL V3 foundation too. I am currently employed in an ITIL process management role. I have to say that I find ITIL to be one of the most boring things I have ever had the misfortune to have to learn about. The course consisted of a series of abstract concepts designed to illustrate common sense principles in a manner far more complex than the subject in hand.

I am looking to move back into a technical role at the earliest possible opportunity!

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  6. jaydean

jaydean Bit Poster

Depends on the route you take, self study or class

With a instructor lead class about 3 days and between £500 to £1000

With self study, the cost of study materials (less than £20 for most online sites) and the exam (£108)