Passed it!!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Becki, Feb 5, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Don't take anyones comments to heart Becki they are only interested in whats best for you. Some of the people may have not known that your 601 was a re-take and it would look suspicious to someone if it had been your first time on both and having those BDs the other week.

Any good luck for your next exams if you are doing any.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Extremely glad to hear you did this one the right way. :)

GBL's right - we're just lookin' out for your best interests. :) Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Becki, apologies if I've offended you. I never posted to do that. GBL is spot on when he says that all we're interested in is whats best for you. By the sounds of your post, you deserve both the A+ and N+ after studying so hard and being dedicated to them for so long.

So, please take my congrats on passing the exams and best wishes in your future studying. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Thanks all, i just wanted to make clear that i was studying for the exams full time, so i have more time to learn and remember these subject area's than most of the member's on here who also work.

I have started my MCDST after my N+ exam (no rest for the wicked!) and i am looking to take the exams sometime next week, as my trainer has told me that normally the course is delivered and passed on a 5-day full time training course (thats both the 70-271 and the 70-272)!

What are your thoughts on that? can i really have my first microsoft cert by the end of next week?!

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  5. BosonMichael

You *can*... but how much will you *really* have learned and retained at the end of 5 days? This is more than passing an exam... this is about building skills that will help you be a better tech. Takes more than just sheer memorization and regurgitation to do that.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Well so far i have been studying i for 6 days and ive just completed the sybex book (well the 70-271 part that is) that i purchased, with messing around with the vpc's, and i'm getting my head around it.

i wouldn't take the 5-day course if i was payed to do it, the fact of completely cramming for it is just Stupid to say the least!

i'll continue this discussion in the mcdst forum !

Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Becki, you are a serious champion. Good on you for studying hard and earning your certs. Rep given. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. BosonMichael

Sounds like you're doing this the right way... studying until you understand it, regardless of how long others tell you it's "supposed to take". ;)

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats Becki 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)