Passed ICND2....

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by alkemyst, Nov 24, 2008.

1. alkemyst

alkemyst New Member

I failed last monday by 4 points :(, hard to really say how long I prepped as I started down this path back in 2003/4 with the ICND book when it was just one book, and then last year took a little bootcamp Cisco put on...my wife had some medical that came up and then Cisco changed the test on me.

Started again about two months ago...passed ICND1 last month and with 3 weeks of study time (5 weeks total time) I pulled a 821.

Today I ended up with a 917...I still got the same score in two sections I did last time and I am not sure my errors as everything was working in my sims.

I am on to CCNP now. I am hoping to get CCVP prior to them requiring a specialty CCVA in June.

I used Boson tests, Cisco Press ICND 1/2 Study and Exam guides, the CCNA portable command guide and a few 'cheat sheets' that had everything like OSPF, EIGRP, STP...that I used as flashcards.

Å

2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass...
    Although the 'cheat sheet' phrase should be clarified

You're planning the CCNP before the CCVP (which I endorse) but want the CCVP before June? Dio you know that's 9 exams in just over 7-months? Very difficult... :blink

3. alkemyst

alkemyst New Member

'cheat sheet' as opposed to braindump...like the type you can by at a barnes and noble for Calculus or chemisty with all the specific terms to a part on a single page.

I am hoping to pass the 4 CCNP by March. One a month...it may not happen obviously. I am dedicating every night and most of my weekends to study, I can read a ton in a setting and retain it well.

If it takes longer it's not the end of the world and if I have to take CCNA Voice it may be a good confidence booster anyway :).

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats, and welcome to the forums, Alkemyst! Anandtech not busy enough for ya? ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Cool. Never heard of it for Cisco exams, but all that means is I don't get out much. :rolleyes:

Best of luck

6. keconnect sparky

keconnect sparky Nibble Poster

Well done mate, I too passed my ICND 1 two weeks ago and am hoping to nail the the ICND2 exam after xmas (mid jan) and then straight onto the CCNP (however i am allowing myself 1 year to get the certification, 1 exam every 3 months) so congratulations and all the best :0)

Was the ICND2 exam more troubleshooting and more in depth knowledge about routing protocols along with VLSM/ACL's etc?

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA-S
    WIP: CCNP (ROUTE)
  7. alkemyst

alkemyst New Member

Lot's of ACL, more definitions like 'The IEEE standard for XXX is', know STP and esp how switches talk to each other, know how to set up simple OSPF/EIGRP and how to correct a problem...

I thought the non-sim stuff was easier than ICND1, but the sims/hotspot stuff was more tricky and you had to know your stuff.

I also thought ICND2 had more 'tricky' worded things so becareful and read/re-read the question.