Passed ICND1

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cavey76, Aug 21, 2009.

1. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

Hi gents. Passed ICND1 today....not too bad....over 850 in the end despite my usual exam nerves. Took about 2 weeks. I used CBT nuggets as i just couldn't get into Trainsignal. Also like the fact that at "fast" speed Jeremy is still intelligible so for a last practice you can rattle through the whole series in 2 days.

To be honest i have worked in telecoms and too a lesser extent networking for around a decade. I did the CCNA course about 8 years ago to bring me up to speed on IP but now i am currently redundant thought the certs wuld look better on my CVs.

also used the Todd lammle vid series, especially video 3 on subnetting, that man is a god. his system is the easiest in the long run to get your head round subnetting...only wish i had that 6-7 years ago when we used to have regular arguments about how subnetting worked in the office.

Hoping ICND2 can be done in two weeks (i have all day to study) but if i remember correctly ACLs were a bit of a blind spot for me back when i attended the CCNA course.

For others doing this now...any networking, telephony experience i would heartily recommend CBTnuggets and a good book rather than classroom training. Especially as nowadays with "mentored" learning a lot of classroom learning basically just means watch a video in a class and a instructor is there to answer Qs. The internet and great forums like this answer most of the stickier questions i had

regards

cavey
    :D

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

cheers Craigie. Wondering what to do after i have the CCNA. I am currently unemployed due to my ex company giving me the boot in the criggleys at the end of June. basically plan on studying until i am back in Employment. My MCSE is focused around Unified Communications as i worked for Nortel and we had an alliance with MS to seel their stuff on top of our PBXs. Thinking of doing CCNA Voice just to get a handle on the Cisco side of UC. Only concern is that a decent lab for it is pricey whereas with CCNA you can get away with packet tracer.

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint