Passed A+ in 2012

Discussion in 'A+' started by zicoos, Jan 14, 2012.

1. zicoos

zicoos New Member

Just wanted to give some info to other members who are thinking about getting this cert.

Passed it in Sydney on the 12th of Jan 2012.

Both 701 and 702 parts of the exam had some Windows 7 questions, nothing CRAZY, though! I used Mike Meyers' book (7th edition) along with some other resources. How did I prepare for the exam?

1. Booked it in mid November for mid January.
    2. Read Mike's book like a novel.
    3. Had a break til like after New Year's ( lol :D )
    4. Read it again, but this time not the whole book but only the chapters I wasn't confident in (silly printer information etc. :D)
    5. Got some practice exams - now those are useful, and even in those exams there were wrong answers, so being able to spot those confirms your knowledge. Whenever I didn't know something I just looked it up in the book, or Wikipedia or some other source.
    6. Slept enough and rested before the exams.

Scored 862 or something like that on 701 and 844 on 702.
    My experience is not huge, but I've always been fiddling with computers since I was younger. A bit of disassembling, making my own PCs while gaming, fixing family and friends PCs. I was also worried because I've been scoring like 70% on some practice exams, and over 95% on some others, so I wasn't sure what the deal is. Looks like just sleeping enough and believing in myself worked out in the end.

Good luck to everyone who's taking an exam!

CCNA security scheduled for May! :p

2. Les1977

Les1977 Bit Poster

Congrats in the pass!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ / LPIC-1
    WIP: 70-680
  3. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

Where did you get your practice exams from Zicoos

Congrats with the pass ;)

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster