Passed 70-680 Today 19/10/10

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by ChrisH1979, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Well today I took and passed my first Microsoft Exam since 2003 the MS 70-680 - Configuring Windows 7.
    I must say I was a little caught out by how general the exam was.
    I also found my exam technique was challenged more on some of the questions than my knowledge of the OS due to the amount of trick answers or very similar answers in the same question, but that's the Microsoft way I guess.
    My score was 883 which I was a little disappointed with as I was hoping for something in the 900s but it was a comfortable pass so I shouldn't complain.

Resources Used:
    MS Press 70-680 Book
    I also had access to the Sybex book but I only read bits of that as I though it tended to waffle a bit but in hindsight some of the questions I came across were definitely from the realm of "more information on this subject at...." and the Sybex book may have covered these better.

This link gave by someone else on here was good for on line resources:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-70-680-resources.html

My experience with Windows 7:
    I have been using windows 7 since July and have been planning our migration to it within the next 6 months.

Exam Centre used:
    Lancaster Universtiy - Infolab
    Nice test centre but I got a bit stung on the parking as it went from 2 to 5 hours on the pay and display and I wasn't sure how long I would be with me being early.

Next exam:
    70-640

We are currently planning a migration from 2003 -2008 at work so I will have that on my side as well.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Who is to say that a score in the 900s is possible? Nowhere does Microsoft state that the score range is from 0-1000.

In any case, you scored quite comfortably over 700... congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

I see what you are saying, it varies from exam to exam. I may have been closer to the top mark than I thought 8)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

I used Lancaster uni for my first A+ exam, I parked right outside some halls of residence oposite the info lab and it was free. But they might have changed that since I done it.

Well done.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?