Passed 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by michael78, Aug 25, 2006.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Passed 70-290 on Friday and had to say I enjoyed the simulated questions. I really think this is the way to go as with questions sometimes I got confused even though I might know the subject my brain didn't take in the info. With the simulated questions I found it easier and a better way of testing knowledge. So overall defo a step in the right direction...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass Slypie! :clap :slidedrin

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate!:clap :slidedrin :alc

Relax a little before jumping into 291 cause this is a little beast....:eek:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Having just taken the 70-290 I know what you mean about the sims. I was dreading them but when I clicked on the sim button and the desktop fired up it wasn’t too bad, funny desktop wallpaper though! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. michael78

I defo think the sims are the way to go. They test a better understanding of knowledge than the usual multi choice questions but I think a mixture is good and keeps the exam interesting to take. Anyway cheers for the replies guys, now onwards to 70-291 which I've heard is difficult...:eek:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, I am preparing for it now, I'll be taking it soon too.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Only just saw this thread. Congrats mate! :thumbleft

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats from me too Slypie. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. PAT

PAT Banned

Congratulations slypie on the 290 pass :thumbleft . Have to agree the sims are the way to go, I liked the NTFS once :) . As for 291 take your time with this exam is very hard :twisted: , I just passed it. Study DNS and RAS and get lots of practise on real servers.

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations Slypie :cheers :beers2

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

real server? :rolleyes: there hasnt been a single thing MY vmware cant do! :biggrin

13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It can't annoy the crap out of you by crashing because of an intermittant NIC :wink:

14. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

want to bet? During 290 when i playing with RAID i actually *lost* "HDDs"! I see no reason why i guy who has taught himself on Vmware cant be just as productive as a guy who used real machines while learning? :biggrin When i first got it i was like very sceptical as to what it could do... now i just cant live without it - SBS, Server 2000/2003/ Linux even Solaris has run on my Vmware and happy days! :biggrin

Hint: if you trying to make me change my mind on this ill buy you a fosters if you win!8)

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Each to their own, for me, well I like my servers to be real, I like to touch them and stroke and pet them or maybe I am thinking about women again :oops:

16. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

ah these dirty wannabe aussies! :biggrin cant you just behave yourself like nug?8)

17. michael78

I think you've been in the outback too long mate...:D

18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

oh dear Bluerinse should abandon all hope of a normal life now he is likening servers to women :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009