Passed 70-290 and other thoughts

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Orangebud, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Orangebud

Orangebud New Member

Hi all,

I passed 70-290 today with 960. Hope I'm allowed to post my score?
    Not bragging but the lady said it was a high score but I don't know what it is out of?
    Does anybody know?

Had a really annoying question that in my opinion was badly worded and didn't present any choices which sataisfied all criteria. I suppose this is to be expected but I left a comment all the same. I do think they try a little to hard to disguise the base knowledge required to answer a question by creating a crazy question.

I did 290 before 270 because my loser training company *kill*t*ain hadn't got their 270 notes ready earlier on this year. They were still pushing the Win2kPro notes as it was just about still in use. Anyone else using these cowboys? I've given up with them now and am using the MSPress.

Good luck to anyone about to sit 290. I quite like the simulations and I thought the paper was not easy and not hard. Just about right!

8)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCSE
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The general consensous is that MS exams are out of 1000 and that the pass is 700 minimum but MS don't publish this. Apparently some people have failed with more than 700 and scored over 1000 but there's no need to know really a pass is a pass.

Well done

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations on the pass!

Just an FYI for you on the Vista Exam 70-620, I achieved 1000, and all of the bars where completley filled up as Strong.

So on that particular exam it was out of 1000, as for the 70-290, I cannot confirm.

Anyway, a pass is a pass and thats what matters, you are now an MCP :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Grats. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Before you start the exam Microsoft they tell you the mark you to pass.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats :) Nice score too.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Well done on the score there. 3 more points than I got.
    Whereabouts in Bristol are you from then. Not often I see another local on this forum:biggrin

What kind of training format do *kill*t*ain use.

I must say though I do find it a litle odd that they , an established training provider, wouldnt have their training notes ready on an exam thats been around for so long

Are you employed in IT yet?
    Well done and welcome

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not exactly. All MS passing scores are 700. Not all MS maximum scores are confirmed to be 1000, though some are. And nobody knows what the minimum is, or whether partial credit is given, or how many questions are unscored... so of what good is knowing the passing score is 700, if it doesn't equate to some percentage?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. xuix

xuix New Member

congratulations on passing and getting the MCP ...

am having the 70-290 exam next week (which is my 1st exam), i heard that there is a bunch of questions on the Terminal Services and IIS, any tips can be helpful? ...

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: MCSE