Passed 70-271 just now - some observations on scoring...

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by mgtsol, May 12, 2009.

1. mgtsol

mgtsol New Member

I used the official MS-Press book and in the last few days started using the Readiness Review Suite I got free with the book. In the certification mode of Review Suite I was only scoring 58% and 62%, scores like that, so obviously I was a bit worried about tanking the exam.

When I sat it this morning, I passed with 829, I think (either that or 830-something, can't remember). I found the questions to be a little bit easier than the Review Suite ones - but not enough to warrant me scoring 82, 83% compared to scoring 58 or 62%. As it was calculating my score I thought it was going to say 600, maybe 650! I wonder if the answers are judged a little differently between the Review Suite and the exam. In the Review Suite, if you don't choose the correct answer, you don't get any marks. But I found that in the exam many of the questions had two clearly incorrect answers and two closer, far more likely answers. Friends who've done MS exams told me this would be the case and I found it to be true. I wonder if it's the case that you get an answer wrong in the exam you don't get full marks but you maybe get a proportion of marks for choosing the close answer i.e. not one of the obviously incorrect ones. I don't know...

Anyway, point is, if anyone out there is using the same MS Press and RRS method and is worried about their progress, don't... just get out there and do the exam and you'll probably score higher than you thought you would :)

2. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats!:rocks

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Congrats, thanks for sharing the experience, assuring infos.:)

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  6. hotmale7000c@hotmail

hotmale7000c@hotmail New Member

Congrats!!:beers2:beers2

I am going for the test Soon

Sorry wot is RRB??

SUN:sunny

Certifications: CCNA, SCSA
    WIP: MCDST
  7. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?