Passed 290 a little while ago

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Lev Arris, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Hi all,

Well finally got round to it after doing 270 in March(ish) I lost my motivation to study, I was doin a half hearted effort with my virtual lab, MS press book and online videos being muscled out by beer, the gym and online poker. My car broke down meaning 2 hours on the bus everyday, which of course meant 2 hrs with an MS press book, followed by a week off work and now a shiny 290 cert.

I mainly used the MS press book, my virtual labs for the dsquery etc. commands and probably for the first time in all of these genuine work experience kicked in especially in the sims. The 290 for me personally was suprisingly similar to the 270.

My test was about 30questions with a few sims and most of the stuff I'd covered in previous exams e.g A+ for backups, 270 for system performance and as I say the AD stuff was the book and experience at work.

I'm now trying to keep the fire burning by smashing straight into the 291 but I can see why they call it the beast.

I feel really 50/50 on whether to look for a new job now as I moved to this company for the AD experience and now I feel I need more than just restarting services on servers to help me out experience wise not only for the 291 but also to add shine to the MCSA which will hopefully be completed by February of next year.

Well thats about my excitement.

Study hard, practice your AD at home, try to immerse yourself if you get the opportunity at work, make annoying system alerts that pop-up on colleagues machines when your processor goes over 10% usage and you too can have a lovely piece of paper ;)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination