P*ss and Moan

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Thats a bit of a shame mate. But think on the plus side. It means you can help out heaps more here! :biggrin:

Im sure you will find another one soon enough.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Didnt they have big issues in nampa a few years back when Micron laid of hundreds of staff, some of whom had been there for 20 odd years?

Jim, not much I can say, its a shitty deal as we both know and I know how much you were looking forward to the role, im glad your new experiances will assist in a new position, especially as its MOSS2007 (incedently I already have that book on pre order, didnt even know you worked on it, i should pay more attention lol)

I hope something comes along soon for you my friend, I would hate to see someone of your calibre go to waste when theres a million idiots out there happily employed

Good luck and please keep us all posted

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Good luck in your job search, and hope you get one real soon...

4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Gutted mate. sorry to hear the bad news. :(
    Is there any way the company will honour the agreement as you were in the pipeline?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

There's really no agreement to honor. I was told that no promises were made which is true. It was their intent to eventually hire me but nothing was locked in when the hiring freeze was imposed. It caught everyone by surprise. I'm not the only one affected. Every contract worker at Micron (and I'm talking about a huge company) will be let go when their current contracts expire. Mine just happens to expire the day after tomorrow.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Some of the guys lured me into the break room on a pretense and served me a cake by way of saying good-bye. Some of these fellows hardly talked to me when I was here but they all told me how appreciative they were of my efforts. Nice to know.

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That's a real bummer James, sorry to hear that mate, some you win and some you lose, i suppose. The good thing is that it wasn't your fault, you are just a victim of circumstance, so don't beat yourself up about it. Also, it opens the door for potential other interesting positions, you just need a bit of luck now as you have done the ground work. My fingers are crossed once again for you.

Have you told the misses yet? You should you know, you should share everything with your wife good and bad and it's not good to bottle things up!

Good luck,

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Oh yeah. I told her first chance I could. She had to house sit for a friend Thursday and Friday but she called Friday evening to see how I was doing. I've talked to some friends and am putting out the word.