Outlook Express - Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by thecresta, Dec 9, 2006.

1. thecresta

thecresta Bit Poster

Hi all,

A relative is having a problem with Outlook Express and I wondered if anybody has come across it before. The machine is one of these.

Sometimes when he opens Outlook Express, the display goes mad with all colours and lines going everywhere and you can't make a thing out (like the Video Card is knackered). But the system is running fine otherwise - if you Alt-F4 OE it returns to normal. Open up IE or any other program - fine! Open OE back up again - blam - C64 spaghetti! :blink

Like I say, this only happens sometimes. OE mostly works perfectly, and other programs work fine all of the time. It's one of those intermittent problems that we all hate! :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST (70-271, 70-272), MCTS (70-680), (70-290)
    WIP: MCSA, MCITP, EIEIO
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

cresta,

do you know;

* the operating system
    * version of Outlook
    * hardware of the machine?

Edit- missed the link. Is the owner running the latest driver for the video card?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. thecresta

thecresta Bit Poster

Hi Si,

I try to keep all the drivers (video, sound etc...) up-to-date whenever I can, but nothing seems to fix it. Annoying!

Just connected to their machine via logmein to find the OE version, but it seems to have done it again. Without being at the machine itself I can't see what is being displayed (and they're out shopping at the mo :rolleyes: ) but it has locked up while clicking on help>about.

I'll let you know whats happening when they get back.

Many thanks,
    Andy

Certifications: MCP, MCDST (70-271, 70-272), MCTS (70-680), (70-290)
    WIP: MCSA, MCITP, EIEIO
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Cres,

So, this is the only application that causes the display to go *funny*?

Have you looked in event viewer? If there are any warnings, follow the MS link and report back.

Was Office installed at the factory?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT