Outlook 2000 configuration

Discussion in 'Software' started by Makaveli, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Guys

I’m having a problem with configuring Outlook 2000, I have setup 2 mail accounts under 2 separate mail profiles using the Internet mail setting but when I send/receive I only want Outlook to prompt me for the password on initial send/receive and be able to send/receive when I want for the rest of the time without having to retype the password each time until the program is closed (I don’t want Outlook to remember my password). Like in Outlook Express - once you have opened the program and done one send/receive verifying the password, as long as you don’t close the program you can send/receive without having to retype the password each time. So basically there is only an initial send/receive until the program is closed.

So after messing about with the settings, I changed the accounts from being Internet mail to the Workgroup setting, within that there is an option to set auto send/receive after the password has been verified initially, and I thought problem solved…. however as I have two profiles setup one for each email account when I use this Workgroup option and access either of the profiles it seems to send/receive for both email accounts no matter which profile I select. I checked the properties of the accounts and it seems to set a default on the accounts so it always send/receives from that account if even if its not linked to that mail profile, I don’t seem to be able to set a default for each email account/profile.

Desperately in need of help!

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Send\receive groups can be a fun and games with Outlook 2000. Is it not possible to set-up two local windows user accounts to save you some grief? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Short answer is no.....

Anyone got any ideas? :cry: