"out of office" in the AD?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Big_nath, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, that is what i have done. I have the allow permissions and no deny permissions.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Which allow permissions do you have as a domain administrator?

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

All except associate external and special permissions.

4. Qs

Sounds fine to me...

The user account you're attemting to do this on (your local logon) is deffo a member of domain admins, right?

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Yes my account is for sure. I checked.

6. Qs

Hmm...

Add your domain account explicitly to the mailbox rights then... try that.

Qs

7. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Tried that too, i'm thinking i might just change their password, and log in as them and do it that way. Just to get it done, then figure it out tomorrow when i have more time. Incase i need to do it again.

8. Qs

You can always just reset it to something random and then tell the user that their password must have expired when they do eventually complain. :p

Not that I'm advising you to do that obviously

9. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Well obviously i wouldn't do that. :D:rolleyes:

10. Qs

Glad we're on the same page :p

Qs

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The domain admins group has deny permissions on mailboxes, think it is ‘send as’ and ‘receive as’ for security but I don’t think this is causing the issues here.

If you put AD into ‘advanced view’ you then get a security tab for the user account object. Either create an account with the appropriate permissions or add your user account.

Add a mailbox as outlined before in Outlook or go in through OWA.

Assuming you are on the Exchange server go to https:\\localhost\exchange and then log on with your account then type https:\\localhost\exchange\<username>\ and it will open the other users mailbox.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs