Our network is messed up

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Nov 19, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It may cut out at anytime and I may be cut off. Just to let you know in case you don't see me around for the rest of the day.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

:ende

Hope it gets sorted soon, we're mssing ya already :iagree

3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Ley us know what the problem was/is when your back up and running

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually, I still have internet access but my phone and work e-mail is off line...sort of. There are three gurus in the server room trying to find out what the deal is. They've got tech support on the phone and are scrambling to find passwords and ip address for switches.

Looks like some sort of misconfiguration problem. I may never know what the problem is since I'm too low on the pecking order to rate an explanation and certainly while they're so busy.

They hired a guy who apparently just moved here from Colorado (based on the plates on his car) who has just about every Cisco cert except for his CCIE and is willing to charge about half of what our usual consultant outfit would to map the network and try to correct some of our chronic problems.

As near as I can tell, when the network was originally designed and built, it was just done wrong. Now, everyone has to go back and try to fix the thing without taking it all apparent and suffering significant downtime (good luck).

If I find out anything, I'll let you know. Cheers.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Network's back up. At least my e-mail and phone work again. I'm not sure what the problem is but the phone guy is in the server room now (which means it could all go up in smoke any second now). Oh no. I just looked at my e-mail and it was "requesting information" which is a sure sign it can't reach the Exchange Server. Hope it's very temporary or this guy's libel to get hung. I wish I could pitch in, but as they say, "too many cooks...". In my case, I always get stuck cutting the onions but, that's what's within my current skill set.

6. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Trip

have you any tips on not crying while cutting onions :?:

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually, I'm told I tend to whine but not cry. :lol: Good one, Sandy. :wink:

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'd suggest not getting emotionally attached to them would be a good start ....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity