OS today!!!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by steveh2001, Aug 29, 2006.

1. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

hey congrats on the pass! :thumbleft
    even i got 2 similar questions in my 270 exam which i thought was quite weird, if i got that correct i think it would be great for getting the marks for both :p

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Bluerinse,

According to the article "CompTIA Announces Update Plans for CompTIA A+ Certification" dated June 9, 2006 in Certification Magazine it states "The updated CompTIA A+ certification will continue to include two "high stakes" exams delivered as computer-based tests in a proctored environment. One exam will cover core competencies in the latest hardware and software technologies, including a greater emphasis on information security skills, safety and environmental issues and soft skills. The second exam will focus on how to apply the skills in specific job environments. Candidates and employers will have the ability to select the second exam that best fits their employment goals, or employee needs, such as IT technician, remote support or depot technician." (bold emphasis mine).

It seems like the future of the A+ will be specific to the job role of IT technician, remote support, or depot technician. Since I'm not a CompTIA employee, my reasonable guess is that "IT Techncian" refers to "field techs" that show up at your door, "remote support" refers to "phone support", and "depot technician" refers to those working at authorized repair centers for warranty and stuff. I think that the reason why a "Windows Server 2003" question showed up is that it is considered a "latest software technology." Also, from an employer's perspective, in the role of "depot technician," they probably want employees who can work on both client and server computers since from a hardware perspective, a server is like a client but with some more bells and whistles.

Link:

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Steve - Well done on the pass!

4. shevavironx

shevavironx Bit Poster

Grats man!!!:biggrin

WIP: A+, Network+ and MCSE 2003
  5. cjdude

cjdude Bit Poster

WELL DONE MATE.. :alc

6. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Thanks again guys :D

Glad to have a evenings rest after my weekend of revising!

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  7. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

Well done, have a couple tonight

Certifications: A+