os & essentials course

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 5, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I will be doing an A+ course through compTIA as I need to reaquire the knowledge I have lost since being away from the IT sector and gain new knowledge also.

I have as some of you know being on this forum for a while asking questions etc (sorry if I've asked some mundane ones)

I have asked before that if I dont work in IT is it possible to get my A+ and have been told that it is possible.

I am just worried that I am getting in over my head can anyone reasure me please.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I can reassure you, A+ is a basic entry level cert. I've now studied all the objectives and I can honestly say, there really isnt anything "difficult" to learn. Its more about memorising stuff and learning the basics in each objective area.

Also, the subject of this topic seems a little confused, the exams you will now need to take are called A+ Essentials (220-601) and a choice of 3 electives, which most people go for the IT Technician exam. (220-602). There is no longer the OS and Hardware exams (from the 30th June anyway).

Good luck with the studying :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. greenbrucelee

Cheers nXPLOSi youve put my mind at ease. Since I have been out the picture IT wise for 8 years and not even looked inside a pc for 10 untill today alot of things have changed and I just thought maybe I am over my head at the moment.

But hopefully it wont take me too long to get back into the swing of the ways of IT

4. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Ive not done the A+ yet, but have the Meyers book and it all looks pretty straight forward to me. Even if you know very little I.T, this book seems a good choice. Ive not seen Tripwire45's book yet, but everyone seems to like that one too.

I'm sure you will not be "out of your depth", as long as you are prepared to put some work into it, (like life in general really) so GO FOR IT!!!! :D :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Ohh..No, Ive just seen that you drive a BMW,...Maybe it IS out of your depth, LOL :twisted:

7. greenbrucelee

Cheers Guys I am intending to Buy Mike Meyers a+ book shortly

Whats wrong with a BMW it kicks a**:D

8. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Ive had loads of bad experiences on Britain's motorways where guys with suits hung up in the back have cut me up, and most of them were in BMW's. Ive actually owned 2 of them myself in my time, Good cars, but bad "company" cars.

9. greenbrucelee

I am not a company guy, and I know what you mean about guys with suit hung up in the back cutting you off. The only thing is now that BMW people who try to cut me off cant:D