Once in a blue moon

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by greenbrucelee, Apr 5, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

cheers mate :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It could, but it might not. All depends on the employer.

But what can you do about it? Nothing - you made what you believed to be the best decision at the time. No sense in kicking yourself - just roll with the cards you're dealt.

Sure, it could be a disadvantage... but hopefully all your advantages far outweigh that single disadvantage. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I can't see how bad credit would work against you completely - nowadays its so common to have debt/debt problem I wouldn't worry about it.

My guess would be if you were to hide it, if you lied on a form and said no debt problems, and they found out you had, that wouldn't go down to well

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Crito

Crito Banned

Even for low-level security clearance they'll look into your finances (in the U.S.A. anyways). I don't think it's really about your character though. Like derkit said, they just want to make sure you won't sell secrets to China in desperation to get out of a financial hole. Of course, Bill Clinton did just that and he was already filthy stinkin' rich...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  5. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

good luck mate, if u get to the interview stage I'm sure u'll blow them away.

If ur worried about the credit check, u can get a free credit report for 3 months as long as u cancel, I always trust big Martin for these issues. The system with links etc.. is on:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/credit-rating-credit-score#check

I noticed that a lot of my debts hadn't been registered against me. Dunno why, but at least if u check that u'll have a betta idea what they'll see if they credit check u

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination