OMG thanks a bunch Orange!?!?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by orangepeeleo, Mar 9, 2010.

1. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Hey, probably not orange's fault but i can't blame myself :rolleyes:

Got some advice for everybody looking for entry level jobs, very much fresh from learning it the hard way!

I am leaving the forces very soon and the area that i'm in atm has a VERY bad signal for the Orange network. By chance today i was told that someone at work had left me a message on my phone and could i get back to them soonest, this came as a bit of a surprise to me as i had received no messages from orange about new voicemail at all, i have received texts in the past saying that i have a new message so it has worked at one point, then, with all the force of a hammer to the face, i realised why i might have been going through a bit of a drought re: contacts from agencies about positions i've applied for.

With a very bad feeling in my stomach i phoned my answerphone service and sure enough, was told that i have 9....... yes 9, new messages, i then proceeded to rattle off pretty much all of the profanities that i know, in 100% full-on shouty rage mode whilst sat in my car, in a car park in the town center (would love to see what i looked like to a passer by).

Luckily for me only 4 of those, well it could've been all 9!, were regarding jobs, one from an agency 5 days ago who i can get back to tomorrow, unfortunately for me the other 3 of those were from a company in northampton who had received my CV from an agency and wanted to invite me in for a first interview, they had initially phoned on the 15th of feb, saying they were very keen to talk to me, and since phoned back twice. So, more in desperation than anything else, i returned the call and luckily caught the person who had called me, i've been told that they have had people in for a batch of interviews already and by the end of this week they will have decided who to bring back for a second interview/whether they've found someone suitable (highly likely given the current climate), he's said that if they decide that no-one is suitable or they are real thin on the ground after the culling then i MIGHT get a chance to come in and be interviewed. Seemed like my forces background carried a bit of weight for them though which i'm chuffed about.

I have to phone back on friday to see if the opportunity is still there, so there is a smidgen of light at the end of the tunnel for me, but a bit of advice for other people in the same boat, CHECK YOUR GODDAMN VOICEMAIL!!!!!! whether you think that your service provider informs you of new messages or not, check it everyday, my throat is now very sore from all the shouting i did in the car and if i don't have a job 3/4 months down the line i will always hate myself for missing my chance at an interview for this job.

I'm so gutted, but, on the bright side, at least my CV is getting me forwarded to clients and impressing companies enough to be asked in for interviews (that would have been my first :cry: )

Ah well, learned that one the hard way didnt I

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm not with Orange.
    Here's why.

Maybe you should change your username to 'vodafonepeeleo'

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I feel your pain!!!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Yep.

Never had problems with vodafone.
    Everytime I have a message on my voicemail there's a text and an icon showing voicemail message. To get rid of it I actually have to listen to it.

Consider changing.

And no, I don't work for vodafone :twisted:

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I had the same problem with orange, it wasn't related to the signal at all. I would get the occasional text about voicemails but more the most part I was unaware I had any apart from the little icon. I would have voicemales was half an hour before and I would be sat there thinking "I didn't miss a call 30 minutes ago"

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. colz1234

colz1234 Bit Poster

i had this problem too, with Orange, had a voicemail left on my phone regarding a job interview, the first one that i have been offered as well, but it didnt show up on my phone until about 2 weeks later, which meant, i missed the job. Am not best pleased as i have been trying for ages to get into IT, and even now the little icon on my phone is showing that i have voicemails even though there are none there!?!?!? change of phone and provider for me i think, cant afford for this to happen again!

Certifications: COMPTIA A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA MCSE
  7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

My dads work phone used to be with Vodafone, he was a great fan because he couldn't get any signal at home. Brilliant when you can say "my phone was on all evening" to your boss with a totally clear conscience!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10